Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas client shows device as Online (VPN Disconnected)

BulletRouge
Aspirant

Readynas client shows device as Online (VPN Disconnected)

Running OS 6.9.1

I know my device is registered with ReadyCloud since I can go to Readycloud.netgear.com and see my device online.

But, I am running latest OSx client (re-installed yesterday and no updates available).

Any dieas?

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 1 of 15
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BulletRouge,

Do you have the same issue if you are connected to a different network?If you have another Mac computer, you may check if you will have the same issue on that computer.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 15
RedBullet
Tutor

I have not checked a different Mac (only have the one) works fine when I am on the same network at the device. I'll have to poke around and try some other network

Message 3 of 15
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RedBullet,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 15
RedBullet
Tutor

Sorry I haven't had a chance to check this yet, but I will on my way home from work today (can stop off at a local starbucks, like I need an excuse...).

Out of curiosity, I am using Google WiFi as my home router, are there any ports I need to open for this to work? I would assume no...

Message 5 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@RedBullet wrote:

Out of curiosity, I am using Google WiFi as my home router, are there any ports I need to open for this to work? I would assume no...

Normally you don't need to open any ports, and I don't recommend forwarding ports unnecessarily.

However if you want to test for that issue, the default ReadyCloud port is 6300.  

Message 6 of 15
RedBullet
Tutor

thanks, forwarding that didn't help. Might be getting blocked by work work provider...

Message 7 of 15
RedBullet
Tutor

So that didn't work. Went to starbucks. Restarted app, it sees my device but not connected.

Message 8 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@RedBullet wrote:

So that didn't work. Went to starbucks. Restarted app, it sees my device but not connected.

Is the ReadyCloud web page still showing it as connected?

Message 9 of 15
RedBullet
Tutor

Yup. shows up as online and I can work with it there...

Message 10 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@RedBullet wrote:

Yup. shows up as online and I can work with it there...

That means the issue isn't on your home network, so there's no point in doing more poking there.  You should probably confirm that the web interface works from starbucks, just to be 100% certain.

But the issue is almost certainly with the client PC set up - either the app or perhaps internet security software blocking the connection.  So maybe begin there by uninstalling the app, and reinstalling it.

Message 11 of 15
RedBullet
Tutor

For what it's worth I am on a Mac (no special AV software), and I re-installed just a couple of weeks ago.

Message 12 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@RedBullet wrote:

For what it's worth I am on a Mac (no special AV software), and I re-installed just a couple of weeks ago.

Ok.  But still, it has to be an issue on the client, since the NAS->ReadyCloud connection is clearly working.

I'm not a Mac user (and it's been a long time since I've used ReadyCloud), so hopefully others will chime in.

Message 13 of 15
RedBullet
Tutor

Yea, so just a quick update. I am seeing the same behavior with my father's NAS (that I also manage). So gotta be something with MacOS.

Would be great if someone else could reproduce...

Message 14 of 15
GennaroA
Aspirant

Hi!

I think I have the same problem. The ReadyCloud app on Mac has some issues. I have tried on two Mac's (Mavericks and High Sierra) and the same issues arise. Instead on Windows 10 everything works fine, provided I manually refresh the conection (the two-arrow icon) when I change the network.

Issue 1. When connected locally (in the same network of the ReadyNAS) the connection is active, but when clicking on the folders they don't open in Finder (on Windows 10 this works).

Issue 2. When connected remotely (in my smartphone hotspot) the "Online (VPN Disconnected)" message appears, and no folder is visible (on Windows 10 this doesn't happen).

Regards,

GennaroA

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements