Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Removing invited cloud users

Jake2
Aspirant

Removing invited cloud users

Hello,

I would like to remove a cloud user account from Netgear ReadyNAS 31400, who are not longer working at our organisation. However, I receive the message saying I need to sign into the ReadyCloud to remove the user. After signing into the ReadyCloud, I still cannot remove the account.

The account was initially set up by someone the person has left the organisation and did not set up completely. Please could you advise? Thank you. 

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Removing invited cloud users

Hi @Jake2

Have you logged in the admin or main account? Please see Removing ReadyCloud users. Or possible the account you are trying to remove is where the NAS is joined to.

You may want to try deactivating ReadyCloud on the RN314. then Re-enable it. If you are not updated to 6.9.4 you may also want to do that first.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 15
Jake2
Aspirant

Hello,

Have you logged in the admin or main account? Please see Removing ReadyCloud users. Or possible the account you are trying to remove is where the NAS is joined to.

I have signed into the local admin account and tried to remove the Cloud user account. I've been pointed to remove ReadyCloud to remove the cloud user. I do not have the cloud admin account in ReadyCloud, but I have accessed to the user account in ReadyCloud and tried to remove the account without my luck. 

You may want to try deactivating ReadyCloud on the RN314. then Re-enable it. If you are not updated to 6.9.4 you may also want to do that first. > No, I have not upgraded to 6.9.4.

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Jake2

You have to login to readycloud.netgear.com using the Cloud admin account, from there you will be able to remove the invited user account. The admin account is indicated under ReadyCloud Cloud service tab.

Regards

Message 4 of 15
Jake2
Aspirant

Hello,

You have to login to readycloud.netgear.com using the Cloud admin account > Apparently, we only have this user account in ReadyCloud. 

Thanks

Message 5 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Jake2

I see, so you only have this user account? In that case, login to the Local Administration page then go to Cloud tab and click leave on the ReadyCloud Service.

This will remove the user account, remove the NAS from ReadyCloud and turn off the service. Note that this will remove the Home folders and Data inside it.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 6 of 15
Jake2
Aspirant

Hello,

Login to the Local Administration page then go to Cloud tab and click leave on the ReadyCloud Service - I would like to do this, but there is no options as shown in the image. NAS.jpg

Thanks.

Message 7 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Jake2

Your NAS is already removed from ReadyCloud. The user account does not have any association with your NAS anymore.

Where is this user account you are seeing that you want to remove?

Regards

Message 8 of 15
Jake2
Aspirant

Hello, 

Your NAS is already removed from ReadyCloud. The user account does not have any association with your NAS anymore. > Yes, you are right. However, I can still see this user account links to our NAS as shown in the image. NAS 1.jpg

Message 9 of 15
Jake2
Aspirant

Hello, 

Your NAS is already removed from ReadyCloud. The user account does not have any association with your NAS anymore. > Yes, you are right. However, I can still see this user account links to our NAS as shown in the image. NAS 1.jpg

Thanks

Message 10 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Jake2

Have you tried OS-Reinstall? This will also set some settings to default like the password for your Administration page will be on default and your Network settings.

Also, you may want to rejoin the NAS using the main account and see if it will remove the user.

Regards

Message 11 of 15
Jake2
Aspirant

Hello, 

Have you tried OS-Reinstall? > I don't think it is a good option for me. It will be a disaster for me as we have all staff depend on the NAS. Do you have any option?

Thanks. 

Message 12 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi,

You may want to try joining the NAS to ReadyCloud once more using the previous main account or contact Support so they can get a case escalated, experts will request for backend access and remove or repair configuration.

Regards

Message 13 of 15
Jake2
Aspirant

Hello,

Joining the NAS to ReadyCloud once more using the previous main account > Does this mean I need to turn on the ReadyCloud? Could you guide me how to remove the account? In addition, when I turn on the ReadyCloud, wlll this sync all my folders to Cloud?

Contact Support > Please could I have contacted information? 

Thanks

Message 14 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

.Hi @Jake2,

You can create a case number for Support by logging in to https://my.netgear.com Make sure your NAS is registered.

Joining the NAS to ReadyCloud does not sync all your folders on the Cloud, you still need to set the permissions on what shares will be allowed to be accessed. Here is an article on removing ReadyCloud users.

Again, you have to use the account that was used to invite the said user.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements