Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Totally confused with Readycloud, MyNetgear and access to my ReadyNAS 104

Gaztech46
Aspirant

Totally confused with Readycloud, MyNetgear and access to my ReadyNAS 104

Hi,

I'm totally confused with the migration and changing of ReadyCloud, ReadyNAS or My Netgear - or whatever it's called now!

I purchased a ReadyNAS 104 in late 2014. I created a ReadyCloud account and was able to get access remotely to my NAS online. All was working fine. Subsequenly, I moved to another country, another job and in the move I completely forgot about my NAS. I put it back on line a few months ago. I tried remote access but that didn't work and then found out that I needed to migrate to My Netgear - which I did.

Now I find I have no products registered so I can't access my NAS and I don't know where to start to get it back online.

I'm now running firmware 6.7.5 and everything is working except the remote access. I'm sure I'll be asked for my old login and passwords etc. but it's been a long time and I can't remember what they are!  The migration to My Netgear account seemed to go OK so I may have stumbled on the correct logins etc. So... why is it that "migrating to MyNetgear" doesn't bring my NAS into "my products". If the product isn't listed then I can't access it. I tried registering it but system says it's already registered so how do I add it to my account?

Or am I being completely dumb and I have to access it somewhere else? I don't understand why everything was changed as it all worked before!

Please advise on where I need to go to get this sorted.

Thanks,

Gary

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Gaztech46
Aspirant

Re: Totally confused with Readycloud, MyNetgear and access to my ReadyNAS 104

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Now things are much clearer.

I tried your suggestions below and I found I still couldn't find my NAS. However, I downloaded a copy of Raidar and asked that to find my NAS. Once it had found it I then discovered everything was working! I'm not 100% sure which action actually made it work but it's working fine now - and I now understand how everything works together. So.. result! Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Model: RN10421D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay
Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Gaztech46,

Migrating to myNetgear account is for Single-Sign On account so users will use the same account when logging in to the Netgear support site. In the support site, it lists the devices, not just ReadyNAS but also other devices like routers, switches, adapter. This list is what you get when log in to the support portal where it will also show you the warranty of each product. Do not confuse your self when you log in to ReadyCloud portal and it shows you that you have no devices registered as this only means that the account you have logged in is not entered to the ReadyNAS admin page's Cloud > ReadyCloud setting, it does not necessarily mean that the ReadyNAS itself is not registered to Netgear support's warranty.

May ask if you have stored important data to the old ReadyCloud account's home share? If so, you should be able to retrieve it by getting to the admin page's Shares > Home, this should give you all the home shares of the NAS. When you access the NAS on Windows explorer to get to the shares as the admin, you should also be able to retrieve data from Home folder/share.

To be able to access your ReadyNAS remotely again using ReadyCloud, make sure that it is enabled from the admin page's Cloud > ReadyCloud. You may use your MyNetgear account (also a ReadyCloud account) to log in and have your ReadyNAS accessible via ReadyCloud portal and/or ReadyCloud app.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
Gaztech46
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Now things are much clearer.

I tried your suggestions below and I found I still couldn't find my NAS. However, I downloaded a copy of Raidar and asked that to find my NAS. Once it had found it I then discovered everything was working! I'm not 100% sure which action actually made it work but it's working fine now - and I now understand how everything works together. So.. result! Thanks for the help.

Model: RN10421D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements