Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to discover new ReadyNAS 212 #27277591

sqpiggy
Aspirant

Unable to discover new ReadyNAS 212 #27277591

Just bought a new ReadyNAS 212 -- first experience with a home NAS device, and it's not going well.  Initial discovery through ReadyCLOUD portal seemed to work until I got the "ReadyCLOUD lost communication with your storage system" message.  Now device is undiscoverable, either through ReadyCLOUD or through the RAIDar utility.  I've tried graceful reboot of the NAS device, tried different host OSs, different browsers....all the same undiscoverable state.  Any ideas short of shipping this thing back?

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable to discover new ReadyNAS 212

If you are the original purchaser, you have 90 day installation support (phone, chat or email).  I suggest using it.  

Go to my.netgear.com, register the product (if you haven't already), and then contact support.

Message 2 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi sqpiggy,

Welcome to the community!

Kindly accept our apology for the trouble this has caused you. Will it be okay if you will boot up the unit without the drives (assuming they've been marked or labeled after removing) and see if they will be detected via RAIDar utility? 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 7
sqpiggy
Aspirant

Thanks, Brian.  Just back from traveling and back at it to try to set up this device.  I tried removing the drive and running the RAIDar utility - still unable to discover the device.

I've now tried contacting support, but apparently can't talk to anybody until I open a support case online.  I went through the online support prompts to open a case as instructed, only to get a "fatal server error" when I clicked the final 'contact support' phone icon....never got a case # to reference.  Arrgh.....  c'mon Netgear.......

Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which web browser and version did you use to try and open a case? Have you tried multiple different web browsers?

Message 5 of 7
sqpiggy
Aspirant

Re: Unable to discover new ReadyNAS 212 #27277591

Yes, I've tried IE11 (11.0.96) and Chrome 52.0.2743.116m.  Same thing on both browsers.  But I was able to open up an email ticket.  Trying that now.

Message 6 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to discover new ReadyNAS 212 #27277591

Support has asked you to check what firmware you are running on your system as the next step.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements