Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to get access to RN212 via readycloud

netgierig
Aspirant

Unable to get access to RN212 via readycloud

Somehow the merging of the mynetgear and the readycloud accounts seems to never have taken place properly. Fact is that I can currently only access my NAS directly via its IP-adress. It is permanently shown as offline in readycloud and I start to go nuts with how complicated and misfunctioning the whole construction seems to be. 

On the admin page of my NAS there is this red cross indicating that the service is not available. I have already shut off IPv6 and under IPv4 I have added DNS 8.8.8.8 as recommended in other posts.

I need to seperately log into readycloud and mynetgear account despite having merged the accounts and despite using the same Email-adress and password on both, so they don't seem to work well together which I assume is my main problem. I would like to start the registration, account and merge thing all over again, but don't know how to accomplish this.

Could anyone please talk me through some kind of checklist or procedure to get things straight here before I succumb to my urge to just destroy this mean machine?

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Unable to get access to RN212 via readycloud

Hi netgierig,

Firstly, make sure your old readycloud account have merged to myNetgear account successfully.

1. Navigate to readycloud.netgear.com.
2. Click the Sign In link in the upper-right corner.
Important: Do not sign in now.
3. Click the Upgrade to a MyNETGEAR Account link, then click the Upgrade Your Existing ReadyCLOUD Account link.
Enter your ReadyCLOUD user name and password and click the Start the Upgrade Process button. ReadyCLOUD looks for an existing MyNETGEAR account matching your ReadyCLOUD email address.
If your readycloud account have merged to a myNetgear account, it will show "Your ReadyCLOUD account has already been upgraded to a MyNETGEAR account."

Secondly, what is your nas firmware version now? And which old firmware version you upgrade from ?

Best Regards.

Message 2 of 9
netgierig
Aspirant

Hi BingkeX,

thank you so much for taking care of me here. As it looks I'm in deep trouble, since I couldn't recover either username nor password on following your last posts steps on readycloud.netgear.com. Therefore the upgrade was not possible... 

The current firmware version of my NAS is 6.8.0, but the former version is unknown to me.

Any other ideas?

Message 3 of 9
netgierig
Aspirant

How come, that I can sign in on readycloud.netgear.com with my netgear credentials, with the merging being somewhat corrupted??!

Message 4 of 9
netgierig
Aspirant

I'm not even sure whether I already had a readycloud account before I registered my NAS with netgear, which might explain why my username and password can't be retrieved in above mentioned process. From the beginning on I was confronted with both netgear and readycloud and this merging of both, but I don't remember how it was that my registration process progressed. It's been very complicated to make readycloud access my NAS, but somehow I always got it done when I tried again weeks later and I always thought I knew how to do it then and why it didn't work permanently earlier. But in the meantime I can't access my NAS via readycloud at all and the whole construction pisses me off a lot, even though I know that somehow and for others it works as supposed to. 

Message 5 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hi netgierig,

You mean you don't remember your old readycloud account?

Does your nas join to cloud now? You have a myNetgear account, and can sign in with it on readycloud.netgear.com. So your request is to access your nas with your myNetgear account now, right?

You can leave cloud for your nas then rejoin your nas to your myNetgear account.

Before you leave cloud, backup your cloud user's home folder contents if they have home folder.

How to leave cloud?  On nas admin GUI page, Cloud->ReadyCloud section, click "Leave" button. Then turn on readycloud service and input your new myNetgear account info to join  to cloud.

Best Regards

Message 6 of 9
netgierig
Aspirant

Hi BingkeX,

first of all I'd like to thank you very much for dealing with my problem! I appreciate that very much!!

I left the cloud and reentered it again and now I can access my NAS via the readycloud app of my iPhone but still not from macbook or macmini, even though the NAS now shows connected locally in the cloud app there. On the admin page I still have the red cross showing services not available (registration not possible, try later...).

Interesting is that when I click on the readycloud symbol and therafter on say videos it initially seems to connect to the NAS but then there is this specific MAC OS sound indicating that the requested move is not possible, like when you try to move something someplace against the rules...

So there is progress and hope now, but some piece is still missing...

Message 7 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hi netgierig,

Would you please turn off(not leave)readycloud service on nas admin UI and turn it on again? Then check if you still have issue with macbook or macmini.

If still have issue, please send me your issue's screenshot.

Best Regards.

Message 8 of 9
netgierig
Aspirant

No joy yet...

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation