Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to hold two different devices in readycloud

Grimjack
Aspirant

Unable to hold two different devices in readycloud

Have some kind of conflict problem.

Set up a new nas (RN214) with 4 disk earlier used in another device (RN314). Fine disks, but I ran out of free space.

The new device booted the old file system and, for some reason, all settings from the 314.

Changed settings to fit my needs...factory reset, new name, new network settings (another location and another network) etc...made new volume and filesystem...and adopted it inte my readycloud account. But then I lost the old device, the 314 used to hold the disks in the first place.

Later (at the other location, since I lost contact with the original 314) I reconnected the old 314 to my readycloud account....and of course the 214 at first location disappears.

What to do?

(There are other devices in my readycloud, accessable as ususal, from both locations/networks)

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to hold two different devices in readycloud

Hello Grimjack,

I understand that you have 2 NAS (RN214 & RN314) wherein you are trying to activate readycloud using a singel account, however it does appear that you can only activate 1 NAS at a time. Every time you activate RN214 you will lose RN314 and vice versa. A single ReadyCloud account can be use to activate multiple readynas device. I would recommend to try to use or create a new ReadyCloud account and use to activate both NAS.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Unable to hold two different devices in readycloud

Hi Grimjack,

Would you please unplug the network cable and switch to another network port for your RN214, and do factory default?
Then try to reconnect your RN214 to your MyNetgear account again to see if you still see this issue.

Best Regards.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements