Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to join the device to the readyCLOUD

firstpage
Aspirant

Unable to join the device to the readyCLOUD

I am attempting to configure ReadyCloud.  After a few hours of account creation problems, I managed to past that stage, but now I am stuck on the next stage.  I get the following error after entering the login details: 

"unable to join the device to the readyCLOUD. your device may be misconfigured"

I have checked the KB article of the same name, but no luck.  I have a static address and verifed that the DNS and gateway addresses are entered.

Any ideas?  The device is a two year old RN312 with firmware 6.7.5.

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable to join the device to the readyCLOUD

Check on the web ui cloud page to see the ReadyCloud status - there should be two indications - one for the cloud, the other for internet connectivity.  Though I don't recall if those indications were both present in 6.7.5 (current firmware is 6.9.1).  So you might consider updating the firmware.

Sometimes using google's public DNS (8.8.8.8) gives better results than the ISP's DNS.  There's no good technical reason why that should be the case, but it sometimes does seem to work around connectivity issues.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Check on the web ui cloud page to see the ReadyCloud status - there should be two indications - one for the cloud, the other for internet connectivity.  Though I don't recall if those indications were both present in 6.7.5 (current firmware is 6.9.1).  So you might consider updating the firmware.

Sometimes using google's public DNS (8.8.8.8) gives better results than the ISP's DNS.  There's no good technical reason why that should be the case, but it sometimes does seem to work around connectivity issues.

Message 2 of 4
firstpage
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen.  I will be trying this on Tuesday and report back.

On a side I contacted support via the emil readycould@netgear.com 8 days ago and are yet to receive a response!   When I chatted in I was told that there were too many client on hold and I should try again later, not so great service.

Message 3 of 4
firstpage
Aspirant

SOLVED: Unable to join the device to the readyCLOUD

Well it looks like the good ol' firmware update fixed the issue.  Thanks for your help.

Update in case anyone else comes across the same issue.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements