Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to sign in to ReadyCLOUD

Blues11
Luminary

Unable to sign in to ReadyCLOUD

I have not used ReadyCLOUD in quite some months. I tried it just now (from Starbucks) and on the page with the window labeled "Sign in with MyNETGEAR Account" I enter my email address and Password, but it just redisplays the same window with Email and Password changed to the color red. I don't know what that means, bvut I can't seem to get beyond it. I know the password is correct because I was given the option of changing my password.

It send me an email with a link so I changed it.

But I can't log in. Any thoughts on how to fix the problem would be appreciated.

Model: RN51661D|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 42
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to sign in to ReadyCLOUD

Hi Blues11,

can you try logging in to https://my.netgear.com and see if you are able to login? If you are still not able to login, try changing the password on that site. Please check if you are able to login to the Readycloud portal afterwards.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

John, thank you for the reply. Yes, I can login to my.netgear.com with my Netgear ID, but I had set up a different user email and password specifically for ReadyCLOUD. Now, neither of them will allow me to sign in to ReadyCLOUD. I've tried several one-generation old passwords just to make sure but I've been locked out.

How best for me to resolve this? As the admin should I delete the ReadyCLOUD account that's there and then set up a new one? Or is there a better approach?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 42
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Blues11,

It is possible that your Readycloud account is not yet migrated to a MyNETGEAR account. You may try the steps provided on this link and check if you will be able to login to Readycloud afterwards.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 42
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Blues11,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

I wish there were a solution to this problem. I hope you can help.

When I enter my previously set-up readycloud.netgear.com account email and password, I get both the email address's and the password's  displayed in red.

How do I fix this? When I try to delete the account to start fresh, I'm told I can only do this in ReadyCloud, but when I go into ReadyCloud I can't log in.

Even when I log in as the admin it doesn't fix anything.

Again, how do I fix this?

Message 6 of 42
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Blues11,

NETGEAR actually uses a single sign-on for the MyNETGEAR and Readycloud. Are you also not able to login using your MyNETGEAR credentials?

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

When I use the login to my NAS (a name and password) it works fine. But the readycloud wants an email. When I enter an email and password I get those prompts showing in red. So I don't know what to do next.

Message 8 of 42
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

ReadyCLOUD uses the same Single Sign On Account you can use for NETGEAR Support and this community.
Message 9 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

I signed in using the userid (email) and password I only use for community.netgear.com. It showed that I had no devices, nor did it know my first and last names.

I have attached a screenshot of that page.

Next I went to Discover and it showed my 2 ReadyNASs. I clicked on Manage for each and I was able to sign in to each using my admin ID and password. This is confusing because I'm not sure how this works regarding the user IDs I created years ago -- and that has been working -- because I could not sign in to ReadyCLOUD with these other IDs.

Then, when navigating to the ReadyCLOUD page it shows that I'm currently logged in with another user ID. This is the one that didn't work when I tried to log in to ReadyCLOUD with it. (Even though it was the one I've used for a long time.)

How should I proceed? I have no problem getting rid of a bunch of different user IDs, replacing them with just one or two. I simply don't know why some IDs that were working have stopped. I also don't know why I couldn't delete the ReadyCLOUD account if I'm logged in as admin.

ReadyCLOUD signin response.png

Message 10 of 42
StephenB
Guru

How long ago did you set up your ReadyCloud account?

The migration to SSO happened in May of 2016 along with the OS 6.5.1 firmware release.  They did product an account migration article ( https://kb.netgear.com/30671/ReadyCLOUD-to-MyNETGEAR-Single-Sign-On-FAQ ).  Not sure if those upgrades still work without Netgear's assistance.

Message 11 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

It was quite some time ago. I'm sure it was more than a couple of years. What's strange is that the user IDs worked the last time I needed them, perhaps two or three months ago.

Message 12 of 42
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Blues11,

You may try migrating your Readycloud account to an SSO account first. The upgrade procedure on the article that @StephenB provided should still be working.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 13 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

First, thank you for your help.

I have tried virtually every User ID that was created for the ReadyNAS and nothing seems to be able to log in to ReadyCLOUD.

It would not be a problem to delete all of the User IDs and start fresh as long as the data on the NAS wouldn't be deleted.

I tried to click on the link you provided (@@StephenB) but it took me to a page that didn't appear to have an article about upgrading.

This has been a frustrating experience. I can log into the server (locally) as Admin but I am unable to delete the ReadyCLOUD user that's there. I'm sure there's a reason for that, but

I don't understand it.

So, how can I delete the user accounts and start fresh so that this NAS will work? Thanks again.

Message 14 of 42
bedlam1
Prodigy

Have you tried from the NAS  System/Cloud/Readycloud "Leave and then "Join" again ?

Message 15 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

I logged in as admin and went to the Cloud tab. The options there are a slider for on/off and two buttons: Settings and Leave. When I click on the Leave button I get a pop-up that says:

Leave

This device is managed by ReadyCLOUD user genericname@site.com.

Are you sure you want to unregister this system? Unregistering removes this device from your ReadyCLOUD account. It also breaks any links used to share those files with others.

Remove ReadyCLOUD users' home folders on the ReadyNAS

Leave / Close

I just want to make sure that you're suggesting that I click Leave. Will that bring up an option that, as you said, "Leave and then "Join" again? The quotes are confusing me. Is this one step or two?

Thanks.

Message 16 of 42
bedlam1
Prodigy

It's 2 steps, a leave action and then a join action. 

Do you have any "Home" folders as you will lose those unless you copy the contents elsewhere, a new share on the NAS maybe, sorry I forgot about that

Message 17 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

In the home share there are over 4TB of data. If I copy that to a new share it will take up most of the available space on the NAS. In addition to bumping up against the space limits, it would also take quite some time.

Could I simply rename the share?

Message 18 of 42
bedlam1
Prodigy

That is not possible sorry........you can only copy or download the contents of each users folders

Message 19 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

Thanks. Too bad, but thanks.

Just to be clear: Leaving and the rejoining to ReadyCLOUD will delete the home share? So by leaving the ReadyCLOUD user, this will also remove the user's data from the list of regular accounts under "Accounts > Users"?

Message 20 of 42
StephenB
Guru

@Blues11 wrote:

In the home share there are over 4TB of data.

Only the ReadyCloud users in the home folder are at risk for deletion, so maybe look at the specific subfolders and see how much there really is there.

However, I think we should give Netgear folks a chance to confirm that they actually will be deleted by this procedure.  There were some changes in ReadyCloud related to this a while back, and my recollection is that they aren't deleted now.  But it's best to get confirmation and not just assume that.

FWIW, if you have no back up plan in place for your NAS, then your data is at risk.  RAID alone isn't enough to keep your data safe.  So perhaps look into that soon (USB disks are one common approach).

Message 21 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

I appreciate your concern regarding back-up. I have an older (6310?) NAS that is just used for back-up nightly (via rsync) and one a month or so I use an back-up program connected to my Mac (via Thunderbolt 1) to back-up to an external drive.

Hence, back-ups are being done. It's mostly the unknown of deleting so much data and the time to restore it, especially when the goal is just to get ReadyCLOUD access the way I've had it for years.

To get ReadyCLOUD access working again it seems like I should just be able reset a password, not have to delete TB of data.

Message 22 of 42
bedlam1
Prodigy

@Blues11 I have just looked at the leave process and see that there is a checkbox (which is new) on whether or not to delete the Home Users folders.

I guess just unticking it will preserve them

Message 23 of 42
Blues11
Luminary

Yes, I just noticed it. The checkbox text says "Remove ReadyCLOUD users' home folders on the ReadyNAS."

Since this seems to be a new function, is it clear what happens if those folders are not removed? Will the still be accessible as a local user? Will I be able to create a new (or rejoin) ReadyCLOUD account and have those shares available?

Thanks again.

Message 24 of 42
bedlam1
Prodigy

I have just "left" Readycloud after unticking the box and then rejoined.

All my Home folders were preserved.

Interestingly I was able to use my mapped drive to the data folder of my NAS using Windows Explorer to make a copy of /data/home folder to a new folder, just in case

Message 25 of 42
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 41 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements