Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 104 Admin page not logging in, ReadyCloud not connecting 'offline'

kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: ReadyCloud Server Outage UPDATE | Deleted Home Folders

Have you restarted since ReadyCLOUD came back up? If possible, please reboot your NAS and try to restart your job manually. 

Message 451 of 707
Björn_Eberhardt
Aspirant

Re: Cant access my http://readycloud.netgear.com site

One more (final?) question I have when I read the email from NETGEAR support (thanks!):

Should I now boot the Read-only or the Tech-Support mode if I want them to recover data from the /home folder? Both options had been suggested recently. Does Tech-Support not imply Read-only?

And how much space would the external drives need, in relation to free space and amount of data to be recovered? My free disk space climbed from 5TB to 8TB, but I will only need about 1TB of data to be recovered on /home. Some recovery tools need a much bigger external drive in such cases...

Thanks!
Message 452 of 707
RobinKrus
Tutor

Re: Access to ReadyCLOUD / Admin Panel - is not available

Hello.

I still can not get to the admin panel, but on the smartphone I have the Insight application (from Netger) and I discovered a strange thing.

The application sees the admin panel (because I can not access the admin panel via the computer) and saw the logs.
On March 30, 2017 at 11:58 am was removed (certainly not by me) the only admin account that I had.

So the question is whether NETGEAR will fix its error removing adminstrator accounts or I will lose the saved data.
In the latter case, I will be looking around for another secure NAS system.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 453 of 707
douglas_cheung
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Bjorn, If you believe you have had data in /home share and may have lost data in that share, please follow the instruction in the following KB article and set your ReadyNAS to "Volume Read Only" mode. https://kb.netgear.com/20898 And the send an email to readycloudsupport@netgear.com from a valid MyNETGEAR email account to register a case. NETGEAR will try to recover the data. Thanks, Doug

Message 454 of 707
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud service went offline and Delete all user accounts and files

@Daragh wrote:

Netgear shoudl be throughly ashamed of itself for its failure to contact people

We have contacted users that are known to be affected by this. If you didn't receive an email you can reach out to us by emailing us. Daragh your RN3138 based on its purchase date has lifetime (online) chat so you could open a live chat case about this if you prefer.

Message 455 of 707
SLE1R
Aspirant

Doug, I have registered my problem as you mention.

Daragh, I full agree and am also disappointed that I havent been contacted as per previous posts. I don't know whether this forum is 'gospel' when it comes to the comments made here or whether it is just chatter but given the problem it is causing us (through no fault of our own) I feel like we are being overlooked.

Overall I hope we have a swift and effecvtive resolution and an absolute, cast iron guarantee that this wont happen again. From older forum posts it does appear that this isn't an isolated incident.

Message 456 of 707
douglas_cheung
NETGEAR Expert

All,

NETGEAR has sent emails to all the people whose ReadyNAS tried and failed to register during the ReadyCLOUD down time.

There are surely people who did not receive the email due to email spam filter, email address no longer active, active email address not the same as the one registered with the NETGEAR account, etc., etc.  It is in this context, a second conduit is set up for people to contact NETGEAR.  Again, that email address is 

readycloudsupport@netgear.com (please note your email must be sent from a valid MyNETGEAR email account)

NETGEAR will contact you within the next 24 hours.  (Emails have been sent to all known affected users already.)

Best Regards,

Doug

Message 457 of 707
rimscar
Aspirant

User accounts deleted ReadyNas 204

Readynas 204 been working fine for a year, then all of a sudden can't backup to it from iphones, problems connecting etc.

Go in to check, no problems found...

Except some of my user accounts have disappeared, along with the data inside

Check logs and they've been deleted...!

So now what?!

Is it so difficult to have something at home that just stores my data, that i can access, and keeps it safe without all this ruddy faffing about, and needing to have a Shedlon Cooper on standby to setup or fix the damned thing??!!

Model: RN20441D|ReadyNAS204
Message 458 of 707
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Tech support mode is a low-level diagnostic mode where even the RAID is not started automatically let alone the data volume mounted.

With volume read-only mode you can still access your data but can't make writes to your volume.

Message 459 of 707
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: User accounts deleted ReadyNas 204

rimscar did you receive the email about the ReadyCLOUD outage?

We'd suggest booting to volume read-only mode and contacting us for assistance.

Message 460 of 707
uglyduckling
Guide

How do we do this if we are nowhere near the actual server?! 

Message 461 of 707
rimscar
Aspirant

Sorry to sound flippant, but if i had received the email i wouldn't be posting here...!

I will endeavour to boot to read only mode, once i`ve found out how that is accomplished.

thanks

Message 462 of 707
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Hit by the ReadyCloud bug; how to recover share.

@Sokudoningyou wrote:

So, I'm guessing I got hit by that ReadyCloud bug, since I couldn't get in to my share (which I had mapped to my laptop).  Did an OS reinstall to reset the password, and finally managed to get in to the web admin, and then found out my share had disappeared, along with the snapshots that should have been there to restore such a thing.

The home folder for the deleted ReadyCLOUD user would have been deleted. You should see as much in the status log. When a share is deleted all the snapshots on the share are deleted as well.

@Sokudoningyou wrote:

and I need to obviously try to recover the files.

O.K.

@Sokudoningyou wrote:

There's about 4TB of files that got deleted (so not a ton, thankfully)

Well your definition of "a ton" is interesting. That is a lot of data.

@Sokudoningyou wrote:

I'm assuming any sort of attempt to recover means I'll need to connect all of the drives at once to my laptop, correct?  I'm aware I need a specific program for recovery (and I'm looking in to which one to use), all I need to know is how I'm connecting the drive (or drives) to do it.

Yes with RAID-5 you need at least n-1 disks where n is the number of disks and that's assuming that the RAID array is redundant.

Well your definition of "a ton" is interesting. That is a lot of data.

@Sokudoningyou wrote:

I'm aware I need a specific program for recovery (and I'm looking in to which one to use), all I need to know is how I'm connecting the drive (or drives) to do it.

There are multiple different software packages out there. Also did you get our email? If not you may wish to send an email in to readycloudsupport@netgear.com (from a valid MyNETGEAR email account) with your logs zip attached.

For now you should boot to volume read-only mode. You don't want any further writes to be made to your volume as they would reduce the chances of data recovery.

Message 463 of 707
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@uglyduckling wrote:

How do we do this if we are nowhere near the actual server?! 

Get someone on-site to do it, or if you have an x86 model e.g. RN314 then enable Secure Diagnostics Mode and let me know the 5-digit number via PM and I could do it. However I may not see your PM for a while so getting some on-site to do it would probably be quicker.

@rimscar wrote:

I will endeavour to boot to read only mode, once i`ve found out how that is accomplished.

See e.g. https://kb.netgear.com/20898/ReadyNAS-ReadyDATA-Boot-Menu

It's also described in the Hardware Manual for your device.

Message 464 of 707
rimscar
Aspirant

ok thats now done, it's sat in the read only mode.

an email has been sent to the support address listed.

How long is the turnaround please?

best

dan

Message 465 of 707
Cazzbags
Aspirant

ReadyNas 104 Admin page not logging in, ReadyCloud not connecting 'offline'

I haven't been able to connect to my readynas for several days. Haven't manually updated any software to cause it to fault or anything else. Seemed to just fail after attempting to connect one day. Can't see any reason why.

I've reset the modem.

I've reset the nas several times.

I've checked all cables are plugged in correctly.

The lights are all showing that it is functioning (blue cable light is on and no random flashing) but no luck.

Can't login to the admin page to check the status, login box just keeps popping up every time I enter details, despite several attempts and even trying to reset the password. Trying all possible solutions but nothing connecting me in.

Can login to Readycloud online with the same details but it says that the nas is offline and nothing I do seems to rectify things.

Not a technie so don't really know what to do from here.

I've had it for 5 months with no issue until now.

Please help!

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 466 of 707
uglyduckling
Guide

Sorry, how do I enable Secure Diagnostics Mode? I have a RN 5 digit number, shall I PM it to you?

Message 467 of 707
uglyduckling
Guide

The problem is no-one is on site... 

Message 468 of 707
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 104 Admin page not logging in, ReadyCloud not connecting 'offline'

@Cazzbags wrote:

I've had it for 5 months with no issue until now.

Please help!

One option is paid support (my.netgear.com).

@Cazzbags wrote:

I've reset the nas several times.

What exactly did you do here?  Forcibly power down and restart?  Or something else?

There was a ReadyCloud failure last week that took Readycloud off-line and resulted in data loss for some ReadyNAS owners.  That might have triggered your issue, although your symptoms look a bit different.

Message 469 of 707
StephenB
Guru

@uglyduckling wrote:

Sorry, how do I enable Secure Diagnostics Mode? I have a RN 5 digit number, shall I PM it to you?

If you have the 5 digit code, then you did enable it.

Certainly send him a PM, that is what he asked for.

Message 470 of 707

Re: User has been Auto deleted - all data lost

Netgear Support was unable to recover the data from the ReadyCloud Home Folders that I lost as a result of their outage. Now they're suggesting that I purchase another one of their "cost-effective" products so that they can try to recover my files with another tool. Are you effin kidding me? Why would I give Netgear anymore of my money after this?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that Support is trying to help, but telling me to buy another product from Netgear to try to resolve an issue that they created is absurd. I'm more likely to write Netgear's storage solutions off as unreliable and buy a product from a different manufacturer.

Fortunately through all of this I only lost my most recent work as I do have an external backup, but the most recent data is the most critical. Ugh.

Message 471 of 707
marcingo
Aspirant

From Monday 03.04 there is no need to log in to the ReadyNAS administration panel. I remember my login and password, but after entering them I get a login box again. And when trying to recover password via http://IP/password_recovery/ appears - "Sorry, password recovery has not been set on this device.

Using ReadyCloud to see the NAS, but is offline.

Please help me.

Message 472 of 707
JOSEMANU
Aspirant

I have the same problem of all of you and Netgear didn´t contact me.

Thu Mar 30 2017 16:07:43 Account: User XXXXX was deleted.
Thu Mar 30 2017 16:07:39 Account: User YYYYY was deleted.
Thu Mar 30 2017 16:07:34 Account: User 'ZZZZ@hotmail.com' was deleted.
Thu Mar 30 2017 16:07:29 Account: User 'AAAA@hotmail.com' was deleted.

This is in Spanish time.

I have a ReadyNas RN102 and I have lost all the users and all the content in these users.

could anyone from Netgear help me to recover these users and their content.

Firmware is 6.6.1

thank and regards.

Model: ReadyNAS RND2120|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 473 of 707
coloatty
Luminary

Message 474 of 707
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello rimscar,

Are you accessing your ReadyNAS remotely through ReadyCloud and the user accounts you are referring to are ReadyCloud user accounts?

If so, please see this post.

Regards,

Message 475 of 707
Top Contributors
Announcements