Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Where is my new PC sync folder?

Stortman
Aspirant

Where is my new PC sync folder?

As a new Readycloud user, I installed the desktop sync app on my PC. I created a new sync folder on the Nas box as user ADMIN. I could see that I was also logged in to the box as my PC sync user name. The desktop app showed me logged in too and showed the NAS box folders and the sync menu icon. I copied some files to the NAS sync folder and then selected sync on the PC. The Sync ran for a short while and reported the number of files copied. So all seemed promising. However, when I look for a my sync folder on the PC it is not there. On the Nas box the sync folder is named NASbox. I looked for this folder and for new Netgear or Readycloud folders under my PC user account but found nothing.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Stortman
Aspirant

Re: Where is my new PC sync folder?

This is 2nd update to this issue which I have now fixed. 

My first test used a Nas folder (named NasBox) created by the NAS Admin account as a share with everyone. This did not produce the required result. So I removed the everyone share. I created a NAS user with the same specific profile (ie the same email) as my ReadyCloud user account (which is the same as my laptop's WinUser account). This NAS folder now has shares for both NASAdmin and WinUser as users.

I selected Stop Sync on the laptop's Sync Menu.

I deleted the laptop's C:\Users\UserAdmin\ReadyCLOUD\NasBox (PCname) as the location was not what I needed.

I restarted the laptop and logged into Windows using WinUser account, then started the ReadyCloud desktop app using the matching ReadyCloud user account. I selected the NasBox folder again to sync to the pc.

This time the app synced the sync folder to the WinUser account as I wanted

C:\Users\WinUser\ReadySync\NasBox (PCname)

I will carry on testing and exploring the capabilities of this app but I am pleased that it can be configured to work in the way that I want in order to replace the Acer abFiles sync app that will not be supported beyond September 2018. I use it to sync common files across my desktop PCs and laptops on my LAN.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Stortman
Aspirant

This is an update to this issue. I have found my PC sync folder (named NasBox) but not where i expected it. For testing purposes I am using an Acer laptop running MS Windows 10 Home, with latest update. My Netgear NAS is fully up to date with the latest firmware. My laptop (named PCname) is configured with an administrator account and myself having an MS (email) account named WinUser. I want to use the sync program under the WinUser account, Having logged in as WinUser and invoked the sync from its desktop, I expected the sync folder to be created within WinUser account.

I require it to be found in C:\Users\WinUser\ReadyCLOUD\NasBox (PCname).

Instead it is to be found in C:\Users\UserAdmin\ReadyCLOUD\NasBox (PCname).

I am investigating this issue. Does anyone have a Solution? The sync program itself seems to be working ok so far.

Message 2 of 3
Stortman
Aspirant

This is 2nd update to this issue which I have now fixed. 

My first test used a Nas folder (named NasBox) created by the NAS Admin account as a share with everyone. This did not produce the required result. So I removed the everyone share. I created a NAS user with the same specific profile (ie the same email) as my ReadyCloud user account (which is the same as my laptop's WinUser account). This NAS folder now has shares for both NASAdmin and WinUser as users.

I selected Stop Sync on the laptop's Sync Menu.

I deleted the laptop's C:\Users\UserAdmin\ReadyCLOUD\NasBox (PCname) as the location was not what I needed.

I restarted the laptop and logged into Windows using WinUser account, then started the ReadyCloud desktop app using the matching ReadyCloud user account. I selected the NasBox folder again to sync to the pc.

This time the app synced the sync folder to the WinUser account as I wanted

C:\Users\WinUser\ReadySync\NasBox (PCname)

I will carry on testing and exploring the capabilities of this app but I am pleased that it can be configured to work in the way that I want in order to replace the Acer abFiles sync app that will not be supported beyond September 2018. I use it to sync common files across my desktop PCs and laptops on my LAN.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements