Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows 10 and ReadyCLOUD windows app

Jimo2012
Aspirant

Windows 10 and ReadyCLOUD windows app

Hey All

I've just finsihed upgrading to Windows 10 and noticed that the readycloud app wasnt present on start up.

I loaded the app from the start menu and it loaded.  However after 1 min, it closed. I repeated the process a few times, and each time the readycloud app just closed.  I've not been able to get it to load at all.

Has anyone else come across this and does anyone know if an updated version of the app is going to be released for windows 10?

Thanks

James

Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Windows 10 and ReadyCLOUD windows app

@Jimo2012, can you give the ReadyCLOUD beta a shot?
https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta-Release/ReadyCLOUD-Windows-App-Beta-1-7-1205-335/m-p/...

There were some driver changes that we had to make for Windows 10 and that fix is in that build.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14

All Replies
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

There are some issues with the Windows 10 and the current ReadyCLOUD Windows app.
There is a build internally that has been working better. I will see if we can get an earlier build for "beta" or something to help the users that are updating to Windows 10 sooner that our ReadyCLOUD Windows App update.
Message 2 of 14
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

@Jimo2012, can you give the ReadyCLOUD beta a shot?
https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta-Release/ReadyCLOUD-Windows-App-Beta-1-7-1205-335/m-p/...

There were some driver changes that we had to make for Windows 10 and that fix is in that build.
Message 3 of 14
Jimo2012
Aspirant

Hey @OOM-9

I've just installed the beta and it works perfectly.

Thanks for your help

James

Message 4 of 14
dragonred7
Aspirant

Worked like a charm...thank you...I thought I was going crazy!!

Message 5 of 14
Viffergb
Luminary

Many thanks, works a treat Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 14
PCK1967
Aspirant

I was having the same problem, thanks for the link, now working again and i can see contents of my files.

Message 7 of 14
GeorgeBeck
Aspirant

Hello

I loaded the beta version when I updated to windows 10 and it worked fine.

But, now since windows updates the app will not load properly. I have to uninstall and reinstall to make it work.

Otherwise on boot up it is greyed out and just disappears.

I also want to be able to start app manually but when installed it does not show up as a tile so you cannot close down and restrat when you want.

I have tried turning off firewall but this does not make any difference.

Look forward to your advice soon.

Message 8 of 14
Viffergb
Luminary

Must admit I haven't experienced that problem after having received and installed WIN10 updates.  I installed WIN10 on a laptop that was running 8.1.  Did you do the same, or was it an upgrade from WIN7?

I'm holding back from upgrading my main laptop which is running Win7 Ultimate as I'm reading and hearing about others experiencing problems / bugs in general, and I have to confess I don't find WIN10 that intuitive....at this point in time.  I still prefer WIN7, so I'll stick with just the other laptop with the WIN10 O/S and use it as test and familiarisation machine for the time being.

P.S. Still not impressed with the WIN 'Start Menu' implementation, so have continued using 'Classic Shell' same as when I was running 8.1!

Message 9 of 14
jgharmsma
Aspirant

Just upgraded the NAS to 6.4.0 by simply clicking the link while logged in to https://readycloud.netgear.com/client/index.html#page=access
I'm running windows10 and installed client version 1.8.

The client is working, And I can login using my account credentials. But it cannot or will not find my NAS anymore 😞 😞

Any idea's?

Message 10 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jgharmsma,

Was this working on previous FW version?

Please try disabling then re-enabling the ReadyCloud in the admin, make sure you use the same ReadyCloud/remote account when re-enabling.

Regards,

Message 11 of 14
jgharmsma
Aspirant

To be honest. We had lots of problems the past 3 weeks. 4 users are using the NAS but we never managed all 4 of them to be fully functional. Every time we upgrade a client of filmware version 2 or 3 of them cannot connect anymore 😞

But... it was working 2 days ago however for at least 3 persons! They were running Windows 8.1. and filmware version 6.2.5 on the NAS.
I do not know the version of the client software unfortunately. We just upgraded to 1.8 yesterday because of the new connection problems.

Currently we have 3 desktops. 2 of them upgraded to Windows10 and 2 of them still running Windows 8.1. 

The Windows10 users could not even startup the client software, but with version 1.8 this is working fine. The only problem now is we cannot see the NAS. (It is working fine if we use the webinterface). This is why we upgraded to filmware version 6.4.0. Still not able to connect.

Will try to disable readycloud and enable it again. However, I do not have a good feeling about this. We had simliar problems before (could not see the NAS) We had to wait 3 months for a new software version and after the upgrade it worked. We seem to have the same problem once more.

Message 12 of 14
Viffergb
Luminary

Something I've noticed happening from time to time after boot is the icon in the taskbar starting off greyed out, then turning purple whilst trying to initialise, then returning to grey again.  This happens a few times, then the icon disappears after failing to initialise and sign in.

After a bit of digging around I discovered that whenever this happened it was due to the 'Readycloud HTTP Server' service not having started, despite it being set to 'Automatic'.  Clicking on the 'Start' button and starting it would fix the problem.

As I said at the beginning, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's always due to this service not having started for some reason.

Message 13 of 14
jgharmsma
Aspirant

Just logged into the NAS and disabled readynas cloud. After I enabled the service again I still could not see the NAS

http://screencast.com/t/DnTzTzWAYU
Screenshot with error

Because of this I rebooted the NAS in my last attempt to fix this. Failed 😞 Still cannot connect.

BUT: With my own computer (Windows 10) and with my Macbook air I never had any problems at all
http://screencast.com/t/tTgNlVkXMb3
As you can see it's working fine.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction here. Why are these 2 Windows 10 machines unable to see a registered device while my own Windows10 PC is working like a charm?

Thanks in advance!

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements