Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows ReadyCloud App is not opening folders on click

Windows ReadyCloud App is not opening folders on click

Hi all,

I sincerely hope this is an easy fix. I have not set anything fancy on my RN316 - just have data and it is hooked to my network with default settings. I have used it for quite some time like this. In the past, I could use the ReadyCloud Windows App (v1.16) to open File Explorer folders, but as of a few days ago the app has not been opening folders. I click on the folder name in the ReadyCloud Windows app, but no File Explorer window opens.Capture.JPG

I used to be able to click that "Documents" folder and it would open a File Explorer window; however, it is now not doing that.

Any advice would be great. Thanks,

Roy

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 1 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Windows ReadyCloud App is not opening folders on click

Hi MathemAddicts

Are you able to open the share folder when you access it through the Readycloud portal (https://readycloud.netgear.com)? Do you have the same issue when you try it on another Windows computer?

You may also try uninstalling and re-installing the desktop app and see if that will help. 

Regards,

Message 2 of 11

Hi,

Strangely enough, the problem fixed itself - sort of. If I click on "Documents" in the ReadyCloud Windows app and it doesn't automatically open a File Explorer window, it turns out that manually open a File Explorer window shows the folder available (as a mapped drive... which I did previously).

Message 3 of 11
Blueray3
Guide

After firmware 6.9.3, am not able to open Documents folder from desktop app on 4 NASs and some other folders that differ on each NAS.

Can open from web portal.  On Documents folder changed permissions to everyone and anonymous, but no change.  Could access Documents folder from Android phone app.

Any solutions?

Message 4 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Blueray3,

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the desktop?

Do you have the same issue when you try it on another Windows computer?

Regards,

Message 5 of 11
Blueray3
Guide

Yes, have uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app on Windows 10.

Yes,  -when attempting to access the Documents folder on the ReadyNAS, nothing happens when clicking on the Documents folder in the app. -That was until today...the remote computer for no reason that I can see, now opens the Documents folder (it had not been before).  The computer on the internal network to the NAS can not open the documents folder from the app.  It can be accessed through the RAIDar app (on local network). RAIDar can access Documents share either thru Admin Page or Browse.

Message 6 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Blueray3,

Can you try leaving and rejoining the NAS to ReadyCLOUD? By the way, what is the version of the ReadyCLOUD desktop app installed?

Regards,

Message 7 of 11
Blueray3
Guide

My version of desktop app on Windows is 6.9.3.

Leaving the Netgear Cloud and re-entering may have fixed it.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Blueray3,

That's great! You may further observe if the problem will re-occur after leaving and rejoining the NAS to ReadyCLOUD.

Regards,

Message 9 of 11
OnDmndPilot
Aspirant

I am having this problem as well. I have tried this on both a new Windows 10 OS and on a Mac. While attached to local network on the Mac the OS brought up a authentication window requesting username and password. When submitted the folder window opens. It seems the same thing is occuring with the windows os but a authentication window never opens; it just times out. Why is the authenticaion being requested in the first place if you have provided a username and password for the original readycloud signin?

Message 10 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@OnDmndPilot

Are you accessing the folder through the ReadyCLOUD desktop app?

Have you also tried leaving and rejoining the NAS to ReadyCLOUD?

Regards,

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements