Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

forgotten password of cloud user on RN204

rodcrit
Luminary

forgotten password of cloud user on RN204

A cloud user on my ns204 system has forgotten their password.  -  so tried to reset it.

open readycloud app on windows PC -  on logon screen click " forgot account"  ..

page opens for account reset  .  enter user name of forgotton password....  page answers "email sent"

receive email,  click on link which says click here to reset password.....   page opens   -  on portal access page...  nowhere indicated where to reset password!

How can I retreive / reset cloud user password.  aditionally  -  how can I as admin reset a cloud users password?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
rodcrit
Luminary

Re: forgotten password of cloud user on RN204

nope...  that didnt work.

cleared browsing history and cache....  clicked the email link....  just went to the readycloud welcome screen.

So....   instead of licking link   -  cos the link seemed to indicate it was the reset page....  I copied it and pasted into web address, and it then went to the correct page....

not sure why the simple click did not do the same ....

any way   -  can now get round it

thanks..

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Hello,

After pressing the link the ReadyCLOUD website should open and present a dialog to reset the password. Maybe using a different browser / clearing the cache helps?

As far as I know the admin has no option to change a user’s password.

Bye,

Eskender

Message 2 of 3
rodcrit
Luminary

nope...  that didnt work.

cleared browsing history and cache....  clicked the email link....  just went to the readycloud welcome screen.

So....   instead of licking link   -  cos the link seemed to indicate it was the reset page....  I copied it and pasted into web address, and it then went to the correct page....

not sure why the simple click did not do the same ....

any way   -  can now get round it

thanks..

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements