Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readycloud android app not connecting

Blueray3
Guide

readycloud android app not connecting

In past several days, can no longer login to ReadyCloud account with android mobile app.  Colleague on different ReadyCloud account having same problem.  I can login from Windows ReadyCloud app, and can use IOS app.  On the android phone where the app does not login, I can login using Chrome from the same phone.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app from Play Store...same reasult.  Tried using wifi connection and tried using wireless carrier connection. Result is always the "Logging In..." message with spinning circle that never connects.

Message 1 of 25

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: readycloud android app not connecting

Hi

If you are facing VPN disconnected issue on Android app or Windows client,please turn off and turn on ReadyCLOUD service in admin UI or simply reboot the device to force restart leafp2p service.after that you will be able to get VPN connection again.

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 25

All Replies
uffgnu14
Luminary

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.

Working with PC/Windows app but not with Phone/Android app.

Best regards,

Ulf

Message 2 of 25
Frasswass
Aspirant

I have also just noticed this problem trying to use the ReadyCloud app from my android phone (and my wife's too) as of today.

The NAS itself is accessible on my home network by it's IP address and via the ReadyCLOUD website and seems to be working perfectly fine in all other regards but when I try to login using the app on my phone (where I do media backups of all my photos mainly) it just sits spinning saying "Logging in" and it never budges past the page stating "There is no ReadyCLOUD device managed by your NETGEAR account..."

Certainly sounds like it's more of an app problem than the NAS problem but thought I'd join in to confirm a solution if possible?

Cheers.

Frasswass.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 3 of 25
Roger310
Aspirant

I just lost acess to my Nas using an android device just today or yesterday. I tried another phone unfortunatly its also another android. I have reset both routers and all 4 switches runnning the network. I can Ping the NAS as well as access from mobile data. Once Wifi is on its lost. "Loggin Ig" 

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 4 of 25
Skierguy
Aspirant

Same problem Android app will not sign into my Netgear acct so does not launch or stuck on 'logging in'. Works from web based browser. I can sign in to my Netgear on web. Lots of complaints of this on Google play. Seems Netgear does not answer. Tried reinstalling os and leaving and rejoining ready cloud. Must be a Netgear server issue.
Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 5 of 25
Boost66
Aspirant

Hi,

Same happend to me, both for  Android app and Windows.

I can reach the admin page by the computer and iphone but

cant log in for backup.....

Message 6 of 25
Blueray3
Guide

Worked briefly from Android on 9 July 2018.  Within about 1/2 hour it stopped again....could no longer login with latest Android app.

Message 7 of 25
uffgnu14
Luminary

Hi,

Now login works but getting connnection failure to an online device. 

"Connecting ..." followed by "Disconnected".

All working fine with app for PC/Windows.

ReadyNAS OS 6.9.3

ReadyCloud for Android 1.2.11

ReadyCloud for Windows 1.16

Best regards,

Ulf

Message 8 of 25
Skierguy
Aspirant

Same here, now it seems to sign in and shows my nas, but it does not connect to show any files and says "Disconnected".They have been working on their servers because i received this maessage:  "Please be advised that the issue with Insight access to ReadyNAS products has been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused." yesterday. Not related directly to the android app though.  

Message 9 of 25
tj90
Aspirant

Same symptoms you guys are having. Seems like the problem is with android app. Webapps are working inside and outside network.
Would really like to get this working as I have vacation photos on my phone that i want to backup.
I briefly got connected status and could see the name of my NAS, but now I'm just disconnected again. I too got the email about system maintainance Grimm netgear but that readycloud wasn't affected. I actually think it was.
Netgear please investigate the readycloud app for android asap!
Message 10 of 25
Skierguy
Aspirant

1am Tuesday July 10 and i am able to log in for the first time in a week maybe. Phone is backing up photos and tablet is capable of seeing them. I am using it on the same network right now, still need to try a remote location. Working for now.

Message 11 of 25
tj90
Aspirant

Still no joy for me. I see my NAS on the app and it says it's online, but when I try to enable backup, I'm disconnected.
Message 12 of 25
Skierguy
Aspirant

I have been told their engineers will look into it. I had to shut down the app in settings and restart it for it to log in and to start uploading. It was initially okay, but now seems to drop out a bit and is slow and is now stopping or slowing to a crawl. It does show i am logged in and stalls at "Uploading" now. Was fast this morning.  I seem to be able to access my files via the app, but the media backup of pics is now stalled

Message 13 of 25
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Skierguy

Right, The engineering team is now investigating this issue and working on a resolution.

Hopefully an update can be provided the soonest.

Regards

Message 14 of 25
uffgnu14
Luminary

Hi,

Great, now connecting.

Best regards,

Ulf

Message 15 of 25
Skierguy
Aspirant

Thanks, seems to be working now for the last 12 hours.
Message 16 of 25
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi

If you are facing VPN disconnected issue on Android app or Windows client,please turn off and turn on ReadyCLOUD service in admin UI or simply reboot the device to force restart leafp2p service.after that you will be able to get VPN connection again.

Message 17 of 25
Frasswass
Aspirant

My app is still forever stuck saying cached and when trying to do a media back up, not only is it thing to backup all the previous pictures that should already be on the drive but it is not progressing at all with the status bar just sitting saying "Uploading... (4730 left) Waiting for connection..."
Message 18 of 25
Skierguy
Aspirant

I would do a forced shutdown of the app in your settings. If that does not work reboot your nas, since you are unable to connect to the service. Cache only means what you have saved on your phone. You need to see 'logging in' or connected. It has been working okay lately but is slow sometimes.
Message 19 of 25
VarkGripper
Aspirant

I have the same as all the previous comments. Have re-installed App on Android, rebooted NAS, signed out signed in. App just shwos 'Refreshing' Why is that you get a whole host of people reporting the same issue but still offer the same advice, "Reboot everything" something must be wrong with the App.  Checked on iPad and working fine!

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202
Message 20 of 25
Skierguy
Aspirant

You realize this is a community and I have no affiliation with Netgear right? I only suggest what worked for me and that I have contacted tech support. Perhaps you should contact them yourself. It is working better than it has for me after doing so.
Message 21 of 25
VarkGripper
Aspirant

Apologies, not casting aspertions on users, juts frustrated that Netgear are not the most pro-active supplier.

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202
Message 22 of 25
Skierguy
Aspirant

I am connected but the auto media backup seems to stall this last week. Also my other phone fails to backup photos automatically as well. I have done an app restart. Any suggestions? Was working fine for awhile.
Message 23 of 25
bophster
Aspirant

Why is readycloud app not available for download. It disappeared from google play.

Message 24 of 25
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello  bophster

We will release Android 2.0.0 within the next few days,please wait until the new version is available in Google Play,thanks! 
Message 25 of 25
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements