Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: readycloud not working

bspoel
Aspirant

readycloud not working

For a while now, the readycloud app isn't working, giving a 'Online - VPN disconnected' message. I can access the NAS just fine through the web interface. 

I installed the NAS a few weeks ago, it initially synchronized fine, but then got the error message, and the app hasn't worked since.

In case it matters, I also updated the NAS firmware to 6.6.1

Any idea how i can solve this issue?

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

A first step might be to turn off antivirus and reboot.

Message 2 of 3
bspoel
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I'm using a fresh windows 10 install inside a Virtualbox VM, so only windows defender is running, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I think I know what causes the problem - we have very flaky internet here, and ReadyCloud doesn't seem to be able to cope with that. We got an upgrade yesterday so it is a bit better now, and I no longer get the vpn disconnected error. ReadyCloud starts synchronizing and after a few minutes starts downloading, but when a network outage occurs, the process stops and I can only restart it by rebooting my machine. As the initial synchronization step takes minutes, this is pretty unworkable.

I'm going to synchronize on a better connection and I hope it works better then, because at the moment it just doesn't work.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements