Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readynas rn102 android cloud app

ishanga
Aspirant

readynas rn102 android cloud app

What seem to be a common problem to all readynas cloud users is connecting to their nas thru cellular. Im an android user.

Netgear please advice when you will fix this issue for the communty?

Message 1 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: readynas rn102 android cloud app

Hello ishanga,

I understand how it feels when you see other users get the same and almost the same issue. However, we also need to consider the fact that not all users have the same network setup, firmware version, connection type of their smart phones, version of the app, etc. Please describe what exactly is happening when you try to access the NAS via Android phone. Include the version, the firmware version of the NAS, if you are using an upgraded ReadyCloud account that has admin rights, if you have tried other ReadyCloud (MyNetgear) user accounts, what error message you get.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 10
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ishanga,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 10
ishanga
Aspirant

It's not solved & I'm getting a headache explaining my problem when it's no different from everybody else's from around the world.
I'm contemplating returning my readynas back to the retailer
Message 4 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ishanga,

Not everyone that has the same issue has the same network setup, versions, description, etc. That is why one should provide more info of the problem he/she is facing to isolate the problem and narrow the problem down to what could be causing it.

You may try checking this with support team if you feel that you need to check this with someone remotely so they will resolve the problem with you via CHAT or phone.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Message 5 of 10
JanJo
Aspirant

Hello JennC,

I will try to explain my android connection problem.

I have a RN102 and can't connect to my NAS using the ReadyCloud app. I just updated the firmware of my NAS yesterday and have the latest version installed. The version of the ReadyCloud app is 1.2.10.

The following happens :

In the ReadyCloud app, I ee that my NAS server is Online. If I select it, the app tries to connect to it but after a while I get disconnected. If I use the readycloud.netgear.com webportal, everything works fine and I have access to all my files. (same user is used to logon). Can you please help me out. 

P.S. I can browse through all files in the readycloud app if my android phone is connected to the network via WIFI. As soon as I disconnect the WIFI and try accessing the files using 4G, I get the message that a connection to the server is not possible.

I hope you can help me with the info given.

Kind regards,

Jan 

Message 6 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ishanga,

Logging in to the ReadyCloud app through wireless of the network is just the same as connecting to it when not in the same network as it connects not directly to the NAS but to a server on the Internet first. Have you tried connecting wireless on a different network? For 4G connection, it is possible that its Internet bandwidth is not as strong as the WiFi's network.

Regards,

Message 7 of 10
JanJo
Aspirant

Hello,

I tried to connect to my NAS with a different WiFi connection, but I get the same message as when I try to connect using mobile data. No connection possible but the app shows me the NAS is online. When I connect using the WiFi network at home, I see the following message : LAN connection established. All help is more than welcome to resolve thuis issue.

Kind regards,
Jan
Message 8 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ishanga,

Do you have a PC that has a ReadyCloud desktop client to test if it gets the same issue?

Also, on the Android device, can you try getting to Application Manager and select ReadyCloud then tap Storage and tap Clear Data and Clear Cache. Then launch again ReadyCloud and login. See if it helps.

Regards,

Message 9 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ishanga,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements