Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

shared users cannot access readynas

dhebert
Aspirant

shared users cannot access readynas

Hi, long ago, I upgraded my readynas to support MyNetgear account but never did the same for my wife's account.  I just went ahead and made the changes, but when she logs into the cloud portal, it no longer sees the device or shares I shared with her.  I tried deleting her, but it won't delete and when I make changes to her permissions, it sends her emails about it, so it looks like it's still linked.  Just not sure why share has no devices shared with her.  

Message 1 of 4
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: shared users cannot access readynas

Hi dhebert,

Did she also receive the confirmation e-mail when you configured to my.netgear.com account for her? 

If she did, might be best if you get a per-incident support from our phone support.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dhebert,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hi dhebert,

It looks like that you haven't upgraded your wife's ReadyCLOUD account correctly. Can you please double check her MyNETGEAR account  in ReadyCLOUD portal again?
To check  ReadyCLOUD acccount binding information, please open ReadyCLOUD portal on your Browser and go to "Sign in"->"Upgrade  to a MyNETGEAR Account"-> "Upgrade Your Existing ReadyCLOUD Account"->" (enter her old ReadyCLOUD account credential here).

Please let me know whether your wife's account is binded corretly or not.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements