× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6.4.1 RC3: unable to link with Readycloud when users have been restored from a backup

6.4.1 RC3: unable to link with Readycloud when users have been restored from a backup

Hello,

I recently underwent a series of factory reset to solve a freezing issue.

To gain time, I saved and restored users to my NAS.

Problem is, there seems to be a hidden readycloud system user restored as well.

When I try to link my RN104 with my readycloud account, it states that a local user with the same name already exists. When I go to the frontEnd user administration there is no user with the said name.

RC user bug.PNG

When I try to create a local user with the name of my readycloud account it states that a user already exists with tis name.

Create User.PNG

Which leads me to 2 questions:

• Can you add a check on the restore process to not restore the readynas users? --> Else, there will be no way to connect readycloud with the same user
  • How can I link my existing Readycloud account to my NAS since I can not see (ergo delete) the system user with this name?

Thanks in advance

Guillaume

Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: 6.4.1 RC3: unable to link with Readycloud when users have been restored from a backup

There is a CLOUD service outage and consequently it may be best to work on this after that service has been restored.

Furthermore you should update to the production 6.4.1 firmware now that that has been released, so that we can troubleshoot this problem on that firmware.

Message 2 of 8

Re: 6.4.1 RC3: unable to link with Readycloud when users have been restored from a backup

Final 6.4.1, same results.

it happens since about a week.

And it does not seem ReadyCloud related given the fact that the "user already exists" error also happen in "normal" user creation

Message 3 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello guigui_bebert,

Please also make sure there is no share that uses that same name.

Regards,

Message 4 of 8

hello JennC.

No share uses this name, I am positively sure of it (I configured it myself) 

Message 5 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi guigui_bebert,

Have you tried to create another ReadyCLOUD user ID and test if you can login? Also, send me a PM of the username and email that you've used when you encountered this message.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8

Hello @BrianL2,

I created a new readycloud user with another email adress and it worked fine (just before I tried again to connect with my existing one: same error).

So it seems that my diagnostic was correct: when restoring users the system restored either too many data (including readycloud hidden users) ot too little (it did not reconnect the readycloud account)

Problem is: I would like to use my original readycloud account and not the new one I created with a dummy adress...

Thanks in advance

Guillaume

Message 7 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi guigui_bebert,

Thanks for providing feedback. I have sent you a PM for further instructions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements