× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6.8.0-T66 Bug: Right-click controls not appearing for snapshot (web UI)

StephenB
Guru

6.8.0-T66 Bug: Right-click controls not appearing for snapshot (web UI)

If I go to the shares list, select a share and then click snapshots button on the top right I see the list of snapshots for the share - but no controls are available.  Restore (at the bottom) appears to be disabled, and nothing shows if when I right-click on a snapshot.

This does work if I select the share, right-click, and click "recover" on the settings wheel.  But not when I navigate via the snapshots button on the top right. 

Message 1 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: 6.8.0-T66 Bug: Right-click controls not appearing for snapshot (web UI)

Hello StephenB,

I tested this and compared 6.7.5 and 6.8.0 versions. I was able to see Rollback option on the unit that has the BETA version, just the same as the 6.7.5. I think there was a time I had to click on another share and go back to that share where it has Snapshot.

However, what I found is when you right click on the Snapshot of a shares on a NAS using BETA version, it does not show any options. The ReadyNAS that has 6.7.5 does show Browse, Rollback, Close and Delete when right-clicking on it.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@JennC wrote:

However, what I found is when you right click on the Snapshot of a shares on a NAS using BETA version, it does not show any options. The ReadyNAS that has 6.7.5 does show Browse, Rollback, Close and Delete when right-clicking on it.

Yes.  Though for me it also depended on the path I took to see the snapshot.  One path did show me the right-click options, the other didn't.

Message 3 of 5
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

@StephenB Thanks for the report.
I have checked a few units in our lab and it looks like it was there in 6.6.0.

To confirm the behavior that I was running into:
The snapshot listing that is in the "Snapshot" window does not allow the right click operations.
The snapshot listing in the "Recover" window does allow the right click operations.

We are releasing the 6.8.0 soon, but I will see if we can get this issue resolved in the next (after 6.8.0) release.
Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@OOM-9 wrote:
To confirm the behavior that I was running into:
The snapshot listing that is in the "Snapshot" window does not allow the right click operations.
The snapshot listing in the "Recover" window does allow the right click operations.

Yes.  Since of course there still is a way to get to the operations, it's a nuisance but IMO not a show stopper.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements