× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6.9.3 RC2 rsync backup errors on ext USB

Labdoc1
Luminary

6.9.3 RC2 rsync backup errors on ext USB

Until 6.9.3 RC2, I have been running external backups from the front and back USB ports to portable USB drives successfully. The drives are BTRFS formatted. Monthly, I check the USB drive file system integrity on a computer running Ubuntu 16.04 using btrfs -check on the unmounted drives. After a couple of years doing this before RC2, and exiting with no errors, I now am getting "extent buffer leak: start 29360128 len 16384" errors. This on both USB drives, so I do not think it is the drives.  PS [I am running an old Pro 6 with upgraded processor, memory and OS for a couple of years]. PPS I do the disk check after having an external USB drive go south and I did not detect it.

Model: RNDP600E |ReadyNAS Pro Pioneer Edition|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Labdoc1
Luminary

Re: 6.9.3 RC2 rsync backup errors on ext USB

Update: Problem has disappeared. Changes since post:

1) release version OS6.9.3;

2) Ubuntu 18.04 (formerly 16.04) run sudo btrfs check /dev/sdb1

I suspect the "fix" was to update the BTRFS version, which was a byproduct of installing the newer version of Ubuntu.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Labdoc1
Luminary

I suspect the "fix" was to update the BTRFS version, which was a byproduct of installing the newer version of Ubuntu.

Message 2 of 3
Labdoc1
Luminary

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements