× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BETA: NETGEAR Insight issues

hunger
Apprentice

BETA: NETGEAR Insight issues

A few observations:

When the ReadyNAS Insight app scans my local network, my ROS 6 devices each show up once but my only ROS 5 device, a Duo v2, shows up three times.

When first displaying each of my ROS 6 devices, the Events counter had values from several hundred to tens of thousands. Tapping on the counter for each yields a dialog that says, "Search result not found" after which the counter is zeroed. Assuming that events are the same as lines in the log, that number should not be zero.

Message 1 of 5
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: BETA: NETGEAR Insight issues

Hi @hunger

Can you tell us if you were using the Android version of the iOS version of Insight? 

Any screen captures you can provide?

The Duo v2 only has one NIC -- I'd only sometimes expect it to show up once (unlike when a ReadyNAS with an older version of RAIDar shows up multiple times per NIC), so we would love to be able to see the output you're getting. Feel free to PM me information on how to get to the pictures.

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have installed the Insight App on my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone Android version 6.0.1 , I have only used it over my LAN and it launches OK and a very useful tool. One curious thing I've found is that it also turns On my phones Blutooth connection, have closed the Insight App then turned Off Blutooth then as soon as I relaunch Insight the phones Blutooth turns back on each time. NAS is a RN314 with latest Firmware.

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 3 of 5
AshishG
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Hunger,

Please find my inputs on your problem below:

1) Could you please provide more information like screen-shots of the screens where multiple times same device getting displayed. Also Please share the Firmware information and Network set-up.

2) Search result not found" in case for Event Notifications"
The Counter for Events for specific NAS is obtained as soon as NAS is added . For ex. 3000 ( In our case ) , Once the user clicks on Event and gets inside the Notification Screen , we filter out "Warning / Critical " notifications as DEFAULT and that could be why user got "Search Result not found" as none of the notifications were in "Warning/Critical" category. 

If you select Filter "All" from the filter menu , all 3000 notifications will be displayed.
If the user goes back , the event counter is reset to Zero and then if clicked again after some minutes , the incremental value is displayed.

Thanks & Regards

Message 4 of 5
RexP
NETGEAR Expert

the Events counter is a known issue that we are fixing. The counter shows the TOTAL number of events (Critical, Warning, Info). When you nqavigate to the evets list, the default filter only shows critical and warning logs. If you change the event filter setting to ALL> you will see all of the events that the counter referred to.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements