× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BUG: MacOS 10.13.5 Beta (17F45c) does not update Time Machine Share size unless in AFP mode in 6.9.3

chankla
Guide

BUG: MacOS 10.13.5 Beta (17F45c) does not update Time Machine Share size unless in AFP mode in 6.9.3

ReadyNas Beta Team,

When reducing the Time Machine Capacity in FrontView, the change is not permanently noted on MacOS when in SMB mode.  It momentarily sees it, but during clean-up, it reverts to the old size.

The fix for this was to put the Time Machine back to AFP mode in Front View, then after the next Time Machine Back-up the newly reduced space allocation persisted on the Time Machine System Preferences screen on MacOS.

After two time machine back-ups under AFP, I returned the Front View Time Machine protocol setting to SMB and the old, larger memory allocation returned.  

Changing the Front View setting back to AFP again, made the correct memory size reappear. Something strange here, so, I'm leaving it in AFP for now...  

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 2
nsne
Virtuoso

Re: BUG: MacOS 10.13.5 Beta (17F45c) does not update Time Machine Share size unless in AFP mode in 6

This exact same thing happened to me last night. I figured enough time had passed and, seeing no reports, I made the switch to TM over SMB and upped the share size by another TB. But TM on two Macs is still seeing the old share size — that is, the TM share size at the time I flicked the toggle from AFP to SMB.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements