× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect Time Machine

Blues11
Luminary

Cannot connect Time Machine

I'm trying to set up Time Machine with a new Mac. I'm not able to connect to the Time Machine for the first backup. I keep getting errors like this:

Keychain error -25299 occurred while creating a System Keychain entry for the username “ReadyNAS” and URL “afp://ReadyNAS@NAS1._afpovertcp._tcp.local./timemachine”.

I'm not sure what to do with this information. I've never used the System Keychain utility.

I've tried to set it up as both Private Time Machine and Shared Time Machine, but neither seems to work. I also tried deleting the Time Machine disk that was there for another Mac on the network. That was a fiasco because it deleted all of that other Mac's Time Machine backup. So that unfortunately is now history.

Any ideas on how to set up the new Mac on Time Machine?

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Blues11
Luminary

Re: Cannot connect Time Machine

The issue seems to have resolved itself after disengaging my laptop from the system and logging back in. I think it may have been some confusion caused by my previous login to the NAS: I may have been logged in as two different users (Admin and personal) concurrently.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Blues11
Luminary

Re: Cannot connect Time Machine

The issue seems to have resolved itself after disengaging my laptop from the system and logging back in. I think it may have been some confusion caused by my previous login to the NAS: I may have been logged in as two different users (Admin and personal) concurrently.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements