× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does 6.9.4 Beta have a fix for the UPS email message when unticked bug?

bobba84
Luminary

Does 6.9.4 Beta have a fix for the UPS email message when unticked bug?

Does the 6.9.4 Beta have the fix for the 'UPS messages unticked but still emails' bug posted here?

Message 1 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Does 6.9.4 Beta have a fix for the UPS email message when unticked bug?

I don't think so. It's my understanding that the problem hasn't been reproduced as yet, but if you're willing to provide remote access to your system to debug this that would be a help.

Message 2 of 10
bobba84
Luminary

Like I've already said, I am not at liberty to do this. Remote access might help in finding the cause of the original UPS connection problem but I'm over caring about that. I just want it to not message me about it.

Message 3 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Understood. However the lack of being able to reproduce the UPS connection issue you've encountered and the lack of having access to a system exhibiting the problem means that this problem is a lower priority problem to work on.

Message 4 of 10
bobba84
Luminary

I don't understand. Unplug a UPS and you'll get emailed the error message saying it was disconnected.

Now untick UPS under email alerts and it'll still do it. How can you not reproduce that?

Message 5 of 10
bobba84
Luminary

Any feedback?

Message 6 of 10
bobba84
Luminary

Hello?

Message 7 of 10
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @bobba84

I have checked and tried to reproduce the issue but is not being observed on my ReadyNAS as well. Have you tried messaging @mdgm-ntgr so he can have a look on your system?

If you are not comfortable with the remote access then you might need to try changing the settings. Have you tried removing your email alerts or rebooting the NAS?

Regards

Message 8 of 10
bobba84
Luminary

Thanks mate for actually replying! 🙂

I am not allowed to give remote access as the data on it isn't mine.

Disabling email alerts will prevent real issues from being reported... like disk failures etc so that's not an option. And have tried rebooting etc.

I guess it's just my luck, I'll have to put up with the messages. It took a year for anyone to start looking at my UPS issue anyway so I'm kind of used to it. I won't be buying Netgear next time just based on the lack of support - their phone team said this forum constitutes my product support, and for posts to go unanswered for days, weeks and months (even no answer of 'we are still looking') isn't really up to scratch.

Thanks anyway.

Bobby.

Message 9 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I understand that to you the problem you're experiencing is an important issue that you feel needs addressing urgently, but there are workarounds for this such as disabling email alerts, setting up an email filter to automatically move UPS alerts to a different folder in your inbox etc.

Without easily being able to reproduce this problem and without remote access being provided and considering there are easy workarounds, if you're the only one seeing it we're likely to wait and see if other users report the same problem.

We have to prioritise what we work on.

Support should have informed you that you can purchase a support contract if you wish. Though if support is unable to reproduce they would want remote access to the system for engineering to be able to investigate as well.

If you can reproduce the problem easily you should be able to do so with a set of disks with no sensitive data on it.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements