× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dropbox problem following upgrade to 6.7.1

XtheUnknown
Apprentice

Dropbox problem following upgrade to 6.7.1

Greetings,

Before I upgraded (from 6.6.1) to 6.7.1, I had a share called "Dropbox", which was shared with a couple of ReadyCLOUD users, and was set up as the share synched (one way) to my Dropbox account.

Following the upgrade, with the improved Dropbox functionality (thanks for this 🙂 ) I changed the folder(s) synched (both ways) to Dropbox to another share and folder (actually, my home folder).

Having moved all data from the old Dropbox share (and unshared it from ReadyCLOUD) I tried to delete it, which fails with the message "Cannot delete share. It is being used by another application. (fvbackup)".

Well the Dropbox and ReadyCLOUD synch aren't (visibly!) pointing to it, so what's going on?

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Dropbox problem following upgrade to 6.7.1

Hello XtheUnknown,

It may be possible that there is another app or maybe a backup job using it? The mention of fvbackup would suggest that a backup job is using it.

What's the model number of your NAS?

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
XtheUnknown
Apprentice

It's a 214 (as tagged above).

None of the user-defined backups (as listed under the backup tab) include (or included) the dropbox share.

Could there be some legacy details retained of when it was shared via ReadyCLOUD or is "Dropbox" as a share name reserved in some way?

Message 3 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello XtheUnknown,

Sent you PM.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo