× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Google Drive Beta Problems

timdale21
Aspirant

Google Drive Beta Problems

I have upgraded to the newest firmware and activated the Google Drive in the cloud.  It took a long time to get up to date but that was expected due to the amount of data I store there.  I added files yesterday that still have not uploaded to Google Drive.  This is a huge issue for me.  I want that to be a secondary storage for me but doesn't seem to be uploading in a timely manner or at all.  I don't see anything in the history tab as well which seems strange to me.  Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.  

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Google Drive Beta Problems

Hello timdale21,

There is a setting for bandwidth where to modify the upload and download speed. Since the sync process is from the NAS to Google drive that would be local to internet and based on the upload speed you are getting from your internet service provided. And if you are trying to sync a huge amount of data you will need to consider or expect that it will take time to sync. 

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
timdale21
Aspirant

Yes I understand that but I could even move a small file and it woudln't upload.  I changed it to just upload changes and it works great but I can't get the bidirectional to work correcty.  Please help me understand why?  I have 500mb upload and download so speed is not the issue.

Message 3 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello timdale21,

The sync process actually should be in real time, if the sync direction is bidirectional the changes made on the NAS should apply to the dropbox account right away and vice versa.  If you download the complete logs of the NAS, please check if there is a log for Dropbox.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
timdale21
Aspirant

It isn't for dropbox. It is for Google Drive.
Message 5 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello timdale21,

I am positive it should be in real time however please try to download the complete logs of the NAS. Kindly check if there is a log specifically for dropbox, the log may contain information what may be causing the problem.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello timdale21,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements