× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Installed OS 6.7.1 onto ReadyNAS 516, ISSUE!

JBDragon1
Virtuoso

Installed OS 6.7.1 onto ReadyNAS 516, ISSUE!

In the Performance Menu under status for my HDD's.  That's call screwed up now!  The Disc info is taking up 2 lines for some reason now.  Even opening up the browser larger doesn't fix it.  It's minor, but that's what I've spoted so far with OS6.7.1.  I waited a week to install it after it was released.

NAS Error.PNG

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 9
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

Re: Installed OS 6.7.1 onto ReadyNAS 516, ISSUE!

I also want to state that the upgrade screwed up Sonarr also as I went to checkin it and it wasn't working anymore.  So I had to get it going, temp.  I need to set it back up to start up on it's own once again.   At least I didn't lose all my settings, though I do have a write access issue in saving a config file once again.  I have to remember how I fixed that before.    Not sure why this 6.7.1 update screwed up Sonarr on my NAS?  I wish it just installed simply like the other programs I use insteas of SSH into my NAS. Got to do what I got to do.

Message 2 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 3 of 9
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

You're right!

Message 4 of 9
jhagg
Luminary

My Sonarr and Radarr are also dead after updating, what a pain, do you remember how you solved this?  I tried to manually start service but that did not work.

Message 5 of 9
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

I got Sonarr up and running again, but I basically did a re-Install of Sonarr. got it started up manually again, and then got it started up again Automatically once again.   I had to do a few things a little differently to get it to work like using SUDU command on some things, which is not part of the ReadyNAS OS and so that's something you have to install.  

I use the SmarTTY Windows program to SSH into my NAS.  It's easy to use, it allows Cut and Paste unlike Putty.  Allowing me to cut something, and pasting it into SmarTTY.  Faster, Less errors, just all around easier to get things done.  Follow the directions here for the Debian/Ubuntu

https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Installation

To have it Autostart, so you don't have to mess with it, follow the directions here.

https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Autostart-on-Debian

Again, sudo command is not part of the ReadNAS OS, neither is vim.  vim is a text editor type program.  Both you would have to find and install and figure out how you exit and save in vim the part you clip and past.  It was screwing up the top part in past and so I had to go back and fix myself.  It's not to hard.

Google is your friend in finding what you need and installing, and figureing out how to do something.  

Luckly in the re-Install, I didn't lose my configuration file. so manually starting it back up, everything was all running as it should without having to do anything.  Of course when you're manually run Sonarr you have a window open as it's running and you can't do anything else.  So shut it down, start back up SmartTTY or whatever you're using and setup the autostart part.  

As for Radarr, I hadn't heard of it.  I'm going to check it out and see how it is.   I'm using CouchPotato right now.  

Message 6 of 9
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

So I havn't really been keeping up on things with Sonarr, now releasing Radarr.  It is Pre-Release.  I have it running on my Windows PC for now.  Maybe I'll see about getting it working on the NAS in the future.  I Installed it, and then couldn't figure out what the hell port was being used for it.  Trying to find that someplace?!?!  Finally figured out 7878 is the default.  It pretty much looks like Sonarr and setup is almost the same.  There's things to like about it, but it does need some work.  I'm running Version 0.2.0.654.  Anything that starts with 0 is a pretty early release.  0.2 not much better.  If you want to take a look, it's here at: https://radarr.video/#home

I'll play around with this Windows Version for a while, when it goes on the NAS, I'll pretty much just copy most of the settings I'm using now.  I'm donated to Sonarr a couple times.  In the future I'll do the same for Radarr.  

If you want to try to install it on your NAS, here's some directions.

https://github.com/Radarr/Radarr/wiki/Autostart-on-Linux

I'm going to wait a bit, maybe in a few weeks when I have more time.

As always, SSH into your NAS could cause you great harm if you don't know what you're doing.  This being a early release, bugs, etc, Do you want to risk it?  It could end up being a really could CouchPotato replacment.  It'll need more work before it is.  It looks pretty nice though if you like Sonarr you'll feel at home.

Message 7 of 9
jhagg
Luminary

So I finally got my Sonarr and Radarr back up and running.  Essentially what is happening here is this new OS update breaks the **bleep** out of Mono dependencies for some reason.  I had to completely purge Mono, then reinstall it, then reinstall Sonarr and Radarr.

Luckily I am diligent about keeping backups of the settings for both programs as they are quite involved to setup correctly the first time.  In this case the settings were not lost as they are kept independantly, still very inconvenient for this to happen.

Message 8 of 9
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

Ok, so it screwed up MONO. Strange, but I didn't delete it, but Re-Installed over the top and fixed it for me.  I've been playing with Radarr on my Windows computer now for a couple days and I do like it.  It's so simualr to Sonarr which I really like.   It does have it's issues.  When I first installed as a service on Windows it couldn't see my NAS at all.  I ended up turning off the service and moving the program into windows Startup folder that way, bascially the same thing I had to do back with Sonarr a few years back when it was running on my Windows PC.   So now it see's my NAS.  It's still needs some work.  There are things I really like about it.  I can't seem to import my Movies into it.  It does nothing.  I also couldn't get it to work and access CourchPotato on my NAS either.  Some if these things may work better once I get Radarr running on the NAS.  I need time to work on that.  Maybe this coming weekend or Next.  

Why this update screwed up MONO?  Past updates were fine.  I waited a week after 6.7.1 was released also before installing it just in case there were issues.  That didn't work out for me.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements