× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is the "Insight" app now live?

XtheUnknown
Apprentice

Is the "Insight" app now live?

I've just found this thread - and downloaded the Insight app (in my case) from the app store.

It doesn't seem to recognise my ReadyCLOUD user name and password.

Is it actually live - or was this a beta which has just ended and been pulled?

Or is it only available for US-based users?

It would be great to be able to manage my ReadyNAS from my phone....

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Is the "Insight" app now live?

Hello XtheUnknown,

I am not from the US but I was able to download it on my Android phone, so I guess it is available for non-US based.

Supported Devices:

• iOS 8.0 and above (iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+).
  • Android version (4.4 and above) (Samsung galaxy series, Nexus 5, 5x, 6, Moto G).

You can use the Insight app to discover and manage a ReadyNAS OS 6 system on your network. For this to work, you should ensure that:

• The ReadyNAS is running OS version 6.6.0 or above.
  • Your mobile device is connected by WiFi to the same network where the ReadyNAS is connected (must be in the same layer 2 network).

To add a ReadyNAS to Insight:

1. Ensure your ReadyNAS is operational and connected to the network.
  2. Open the Insight app.
  3. Log in using your NETGEAR account.
  4. If you are using Insight for the first time, select Set up new devices. If you have previously added other devices, select Add devices.
  5. Select Storage.
  6. Select Discover Device.
    Your mobile device scans for available devices.
  7. Select the ReadyNAS you wish to add.
  8. If prompted, enter the admin username and password (default is admin/password).
  9. If prompted, adjust the display name of the ReadyNAS as required.
  10. If prompted, choose whether or not to enable ReadyCLOUD.
    If not already done, the ReadyNAS will be registered to your NETGEAR account.
  11. Click Done to complete the process.

What is the model number of your ReadyNAS and what is the current firmware version?

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello XtheUnknown,

I am not from the US but I was able to download it on my Android phone, so I guess it is available for non-US based.

Supported Devices:

• iOS 8.0 and above (iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+).
  • Android version (4.4 and above) (Samsung galaxy series, Nexus 5, 5x, 6, Moto G).

You can use the Insight app to discover and manage a ReadyNAS OS 6 system on your network. For this to work, you should ensure that:

• The ReadyNAS is running OS version 6.6.0 or above.
  • Your mobile device is connected by WiFi to the same network where the ReadyNAS is connected (must be in the same layer 2 network).

To add a ReadyNAS to Insight:

1. Ensure your ReadyNAS is operational and connected to the network.
  2. Open the Insight app.
  3. Log in using your NETGEAR account.
  4. If you are using Insight for the first time, select Set up new devices. If you have previously added other devices, select Add devices.
  5. Select Storage.
  6. Select Discover Device.
    Your mobile device scans for available devices.
  7. Select the ReadyNAS you wish to add.
  8. If prompted, enter the admin username and password (default is admin/password).
  9. If prompted, adjust the display name of the ReadyNAS as required.
  10. If prompted, choose whether or not to enable ReadyCLOUD.
    If not already done, the ReadyNAS will be registered to your NETGEAR account.
  11. Click Done to complete the process.

What is the model number of your ReadyNAS and what is the current firmware version?

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
XtheUnknown
Apprentice

Hi Jenn - I was confusing my ReadyCLOUD account with the email address to which my NASes are registered (it's looking for the latter!).

I've now managed to log in - but I've found a bug - reported below.

Message 3 of 5
XtheUnknown
Apprentice

There's a bug (or feature) in the apple version (at least) - (the about screen reports app v2.42).

I have an external HDD (formatted to NTFS) plugged into my NAS (as a backup target) and that causes the app to crash when I click on that NAS device. NAS is running 6.7.1.

FYI - the independent app "NAS Utils" (V1.4) also struggles to report this volume/device too, showing it as "Volume (null)" with size "NaN".

/0 anyone?

Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello XtheUnknown,

I suggest you create a new topic for this bug you found and include some screenshots. 🙂

Thanks for confirming that you were able to fix the issue you have raised.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements