× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Minor GUI bug in 6.4.0 T112

powellandy1
Virtuoso

Minor GUI bug in 6.4.0 T112

os6.jpg

IE in Windows 10

Only showing the temperature for the last 2 discs (all 4 are identical)

The last line of the pop-out box giving device information is chopped in half.

Thanks

Andy

Message 1 of 10
Frank888
NETGEAR Expert

I didn't see this issue on RN316.

Which system did you used?

RN316.PNG

Message 2 of 10
WinnerPlus
Tutor

Your not the only one that has this bug, I receive it with my RN202. If you wait 10-20 minutes, you will see that the temp will hide on thoses disks and reappear then with temp on the other disks that currently don't have a temprature. After a few hours I noticed it went back to normal showing temp for all disks. For Netgears reference only; I believe bug was caused between T100 and T107.

Message 3 of 10
powellandy1
Virtuoso

Sorry, its a RN104.

Message 4 of 10
StephenB
Guru

I've seen missing temps before on my RN102 - and in fact am seeing that now on one disk (the second).  That's running 6.2.5, not the beta.

The disk is a WD30EFRX-68EUZN0.  FWIW, temps are not always missing, they disappear/reappear

So this isn't new (but should be fixed).

Message 5 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Furthermore after updating the firmware, have you yet cleared Temporary Internet Files, closed Internet Explorer then reopened the web admin interface of the NAS?

Message 6 of 10
StephenB
Guru

The disk is a WD30EFRX-68EUZN0.  FWIW, temps are not always missing, they disappear/reappear

Still re-appearing and disappearing.  The temp are back.

I suspect this might be related to disk spindown (perhaps the SMART stats are being returned quickly enough when the disks are spinning up???).

Message 7 of 10
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Yes, it's probably disk spindown.  We can't check the disk temp on most models while the disks are spun down, or else the disk will spin itself back up.

Message 8 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Skywalker wrote:

Yes, it's probably disk spindown.  We can't check the disk temp on most models while the disks are spun down, or else the disk will spin itself back up.

Actually if the drive is spun down, I'd rather see that on the performance page than the temp.

Message 9 of 10
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Me too... 🙂

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements