× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NZBget issues with firmware 6.6.0.

htroudi
Apprentice

NZBget issues with firmware 6.6.0.

My problem with Netgears latest firmware is the lack of working apps.
Can any kind soul out there please fix NZBget for Netgear Readynas with OS6 ver. 6.6.0 RC1. My unit is RN-104.
As a workaround I installed NZBget through ssh and started the daemon with nzbget -D. Everything work fine. Except no webgui only through terminal. And the version of nzbget is 13.0 wich is very old.

Solutions are appreciated

Message 1 of 27

Accepted Solutions
htroudi
Apprentice

I got it working myself. I had to change the control IP to my NAS IP and also change daemon to root. Then i had to update unrar on my NAS by adding Wheezy non-free repositories into /etc/apt/sources.list followed by sudo apt-get update -----> sudo apt-get install unrar. 

I cant connect to Webui through Netgear Ready NAS OS6. I have to manually write the IP of my NAS in the browser followed by : port number (secure port in my case)

Anyway everything working 100% fine.....I just love it. And we all know who to thank for that !!!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

Model: RN10441D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 24 of 27

All Replies
htroudi
Apprentice

Anyone please. I uninstalled nzbget . I want a proper solution not a dirty hack to get this awesome Usenet server to work well. Please help me

Message 2 of 27
htroudi
Apprentice

I tried Sabnzbd from apos. But it's way to Slow. I get max 4MB/s. With Nzbget i had at least a download rate åt 7-8 MB/s with all SSL Crypth on.
Message 3 of 27
htroudi
Apprentice

I tried Sabnzbd from apps. But it's way to Slow. I get max 4MB/s. With Nzbget i had at least a download rate at 7-8 MB/s with all SSL Crypth on.
Message 4 of 27
jhagg
Luminary

Did you try to install the new 17.1 version of NZBGet to see if it's compatible with OS 6.60?

Did you have NZBGet working before you upgraded to 6.60? If so which version were you running?

Message 5 of 27
htroudi
Apprentice

Hi and thanks you for your answer.

Yes I did use nzbget version 17.1. I followed the update instructions from the guide in the link below to get nzbget updated from the "old" version that was installable through apps in admin web gui. 17.1 worked flawlessy for me in OS6 6.5.1

http://calaba.tumblr.com/post//updating-readynas-apps-nzbget-and-softether-vpn

So I guess I can do the same procedure but with a "jessie" netgear app. Compiled for my NAS Rn-104. Hope someone could point me in the right direction her.

Thanks everyone !!!!!

Message 6 of 27
jhagg
Luminary

Ok, good to know.  Many of us will want to be using NZBGet on 6.6.0 so I am sure this will get sorted out soon.  Maybe you can post a question to the person that made the guide about it?  I believe I asked him a question in the past and he was very responsive.  If not I will try to do it soon and share the results.

Thanks

Message 7 of 27
htroudi
Apprentice

Sounds like a good plan. I will look for answers as well. Put my future results in this thread.

Message 8 of 27
htroudi
Apprentice

User Mhynlo wrote me a message 

Spoiler

Let me look into nzbget over the weekend to see what it will take to just make a fresh app.

Calaba's script for post install seems a little... interesting...

So now we just have to wait and see. Keeping my fingers crossed that Mhynlo will manage to fix this 🙂

Kudos to Mhynlo everyone!!!! 

Message 9 of 27
jhagg
Luminary

Mhynlo to the rescue. keep us posted!

Message 10 of 27
Mhynlo
Luminary

I am looking into getting the newer NZBGet for a ReadyNAS app.

I did not get as far as I hoped in a weeks time, but here is what I have so far (for those that are interested):

https://github.com/Mhynlo/readynas-nzbget

I went through I got the base structure for the app. I am needing to go through the default configuration, installation and cross platform support (I only have it running on x86 at the moment).

I will keep people updated here when the app gets ready for use.

Message 11 of 27
htroudi
Apprentice

THAAAAANK YOU MHYNLO!!!!!

This is great news for every Ready Nas user out there.

Thanks you so much for putting your free time into this :-):-)

You're a hero

Message 12 of 27
jhagg
Luminary

Your hard work is greatly appreciated!!! Do keep us posted many of us are very excited to upgrade 🙂

Message 13 of 27
bobaloca
Guide

+1, would love to see a fix for this.  I tried installing and cat a libpar2 error.

Message 14 of 27
jhagg
Luminary

Hi Mhynlo,

Any update on getting us a working version of NZBGet on 6.6.0?  I checked your Github and it looks like nothing has been done in a little over a few weeks, did you give up on us?

Message 15 of 27
Mhynlo
Luminary

The build method I was doing from my previous apps does not work as easy with the NZBget.

I have been looking into some alternative build methods to see if I am able to have an easier time build this package. I think I have found a good alternative, but it will still need some work to make it ReadyNAS app ready. I will also need to look into a good cross-compiling method for the arm units as well as the x86 units.

Message 16 of 27
jhagg
Luminary

Thanks for the update, a lot of us are prevented from upgrading until you can figure it out. Godspeed!

Message 17 of 27
htroudi
Apprentice

Any progress in making a working build yet? Keeping my fingers crossed and begging for a beta build. I happily send you log-files if needed.
Thanks Mhynlo
Message 18 of 27
htroudi
Apprentice

Is the project still alive?
Message 19 of 27
Mhynlo
Luminary

The NZBGet app is now available on ReadyNAS's app site:
http://apps.readynas.com/pages/?page_id=9

(Just got news today!)

Message 20 of 27
htroudi
Apprentice

Thanks you so much Mhynlo. You're the man 🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘👍👍👍👍
Message 21 of 27
htroudi
Apprentice

I Will try it when I'm back Home after the Christmas hollidays. Once again. Bless man!!!!! You're the fu####g legend
Message 22 of 27
htroudi
Apprentice

Up 'n running. Byt two things bother me now!!!
Number 1. Unrar doesn't work. I have unrar in /usr/bin/unrar. Fails every time. Permission issue?. Unrar = root , nzbget daemon = admin?

Number 2. Through My android phone with the app nzb360 I can't manage to connect to nzbget. I've been trying for hours now. PLEASE HELP ME
Message 23 of 27
htroudi
Apprentice

I got it working myself. I had to change the control IP to my NAS IP and also change daemon to root. Then i had to update unrar on my NAS by adding Wheezy non-free repositories into /etc/apt/sources.list followed by sudo apt-get update -----> sudo apt-get install unrar. 

I cant connect to Webui through Netgear Ready NAS OS6. I have to manually write the IP of my NAS in the browser followed by : port number (secure port in my case)

Anyway everything working 100% fine.....I just love it. And we all know who to thank for that !!!!!!!!!

Model: RN10441D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 24 of 27
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi htroudi,

Thank you for sharing your resolution and/or workaround. We appreciate your contribution to the community. 

Feel free to post any suggestions, questions, recommendations or anything about your NAS that you think needs attention or will help others.

Regards,

Message 25 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements