× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS OS 6.9.3 update prevents access to admin page

Waldothere
Tutor

ReadyNAS OS 6.9.3 update prevents access to admin page

Did the usual update over the internet on my RN102 with 2 3TB drives from 6.9.2.

Instead of the usual x.x.x firmware installed screen after the usual long wait I got the unable to access admin page "using the right password?" , "NAS may be very busy", etc. screen.

Found I could read the shares with no problem and my "wake on LAN" woke it up after manually shutting it down with the 2 power button push method. Cycled through this a couple of times, still no access to admin page.

Turned it off. Next morning after about 12 hours thought I'd try it again. Turned it on via "wake me on lan" tried logging in to admin page - success!, no problem. Checked everything, looked Ok and said 6.9.3 firmware, shut it down from admin page.

About an hour later thought I'd recheck to make sure, wake me on lan, attempted login to admin page - no luck, "NAS may be very busy screen.

From other messages on this forum there appears to be a number of unanticipated things wrong with the 6.9.3 update, this just adds another one.

Any ideas on how I can get back to 6.9.2?  - With or without access to the admin page??

Thanks

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Waldothere
Tutor

Thanks, a lot of good tips. I will deploy same 🙂

I found my admin access problem it wasn't due to the 6.9.3 update it was due to my browser's cache being corrupted.

I cleared out the cache and no more admin page access problem.

Thanks for all the help, sorry for the "false positive"

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you download your logs using RAIDar and then send those in (See the Sending Logs link in my sig).
Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

After the next successful login turn off antivirus. It is still a performance killer with RN10X.  If already done, please ignore the post.

Some general hints to maximize overall performance on RN10X you can find here.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-for-ReadyNAS/Improving-performance-and-stability-of-R...

Message 3 of 6
Waldothere
Tutor

Thanks, a lot of good tips. I will deploy same 🙂

I found my admin access problem it wasn't due to the 6.9.3 update it was due to my browser's cache being corrupted.

I cleared out the cache and no more admin page access problem.

Thanks for all the help, sorry for the "false positive"

Message 4 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Web browsers cache web pages to improve loading times. This works well with websites with largely static content, but can cause problems loading our web admin pages.

Clearing the web browser cache is one of the first troubleshooting steps if you have problems accessing/using the web admin page after a firmware update.

Message 5 of 6
buddyrjm
Aspirant

Clearing the cache does not work for me. I tried three different browers and even my mobile phone web broweser and still no access to admin page. I had to rollback to 6.9.2

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements