× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNASOS 6.5.0 (RC1): Time Machine backups "gone"

Zecaf
Guide

ReadyNASOS 6.5.0 (RC1): Time Machine backups "gone"

Somethine weird happened after the update to RC1 (I guess it's related, because I can't find any other "major even" but maybe it's just an OS6 bug OR something I didn't understand) 

The time machine backups are gone from the admin. I'm using 3 accounts to manage 3 private Time Machine and... 

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 17.09.22.png

The NAS don't see them. Fun fact: the Time Machine are working fine, the accounts are fine, so I have no idea why it's like that... I can't see the TM at all in the admin, maybe I missed something. Anyway I thought it may be a bug so I'm reporting the problem.

Model: ReadyNASRNDP600U|ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ifixidevices
Luminary

Re: ReadyNASOS 6.5.0 (RC1): Time Machine backups "gone"

If you go in and re-add them with the appropriate storage they show back up under time-machine.

It's happened to me a few times. Won't affect your backups or anything. They just disappear for some reason but they're still obviously there and work. Just re-add the accounts back in and they'll show up and show how much data is used and all that good stuff.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
ifixidevices
Luminary

If you go in and re-add them with the appropriate storage they show back up under time-machine.

It's happened to me a few times. Won't affect your backups or anything. They just disappear for some reason but they're still obviously there and work. Just re-add the accounts back in and they'll show up and show how much data is used and all that good stuff.

Message 2 of 4
Zecaf
Guide

I'll try to remember the size I did allow. :x

But mayyyybe someone should check into that bug then. 😉

EDIT: It does work but it's proof that their is a bug somewhere that needs to be squashed.

Message 3 of 4
ifixidevices
Luminary

Oh no doubt it's a bug. You can actually put in any size but you're changing the size from what was previously put in there.

This has randomly happened to me on numerous versions going back to 6.2.3 so there's a ghost somewhere in the system and they haven't found him (not sure they've been looking but hopefully this sheds some light!)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements