× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNASOS 6.9.0-T62 and Plex Media Server

DanCold
Aspirant

ReadyNASOS 6.9.0-T62 and Plex Media Server

Since i updated my ReadyNAS 314 to 6.8.0 i'm not able to install Plex again. I once had the version 1.7.5 running perfectly.

Then there was a new Plex Media Server Version (1.8.1) and while the update process the old version (1.75) was removed and the new one was not installed. I tried to install it manually with no succes. The admin page crashed and loaded again with no plex installed. So i tried the ReadyNAS Firmware 6.8.1 RC1 and RC2. No success, same problem. Then i read in the comunity about 6.9.0-T55 and finaly 6.9.0-T62, but nothing works. Still the same. The installer runs until "running post-installation trigger libc-bin" and then it crashes and will load the admin page again. The Logs just say: System: Cannot install application plexmediaserver-ros6-binaries. And: System: Alert message failed to send. Any sugestions?

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Re: ReadyNASOS 6.9.0-T62 and Plex Media Server

You should be all set now.  I was able to clear up some package database inconsistencies, and your system should be ready to install Plex.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please check again on Beta 3 once that's available.

Message 2 of 7
DanCold
Aspirant

I would have done that anyway. There's not much else left to do. But thanks for the advise.

Message 3 of 7
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

6.9.0 Beta 3 is available now.  If you still can't install Plex on Beta 3, please send in your logs.

Message 4 of 7
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

There's a rsyslog package that is half-installed and is not able to finish installation.  That putting the package database in an inconsistent state, which won't allow installing new packages.

We'll add some code to try to fix this up automatically in Beta 4.  In the meantime, you can either log in using SSH and run the command "apt-get -y remove rsyslog-mysql", or you can enable Secure Diagnostic Mode and PM me or @mdgm-ntgr the 5-digit number and one of us can fix it up for you.

Message 5 of 7
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

You should be all set now.  I was able to clear up some package database inconsistencies, and your system should be ready to install Plex.

Message 6 of 7
DanCold
Aspirant

Yes. You did it. Thank you. I was able to install Plex again. Unfortunately, I have to reimport all my media. But hey,  as long as it works again. Thanks again.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements