× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remove Readytivo

Iridahonda
Aspirant

Remove Readytivo

I am running 6.8.0 T-54 and dont want to have packages like ReadyTivo installed.

I removed the package using apt but Readynasd doesnt like it as I get these errors every 10 mins:

Jul 11 10:46:41 TimsTestNas readynasd[3838]: GetUnitFileState: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound: No such file or directory
Jul 11 10:46:41 TimsTestNas readynasd[3838]: Failed to get state for unit readytivo.service

Is there anyway to fix this? 

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 4
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Remove Readytivo

It's not advised to manipulate system services. You could OS reinstall to return the device back to having ReadyTIVO installed. It's not hurting you to have ReadyTIVO installed. ReadyTIVO will reinstall itself on every upgrade, also, btw... so your changes against system services will be overwritten during any upgrade. 

Message 2 of 4
Iridahonda
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. For sure I can re-install it but not everyone wants to have their systems preloaded with services like this. I think it would be nice to give consumers the choice.
Message 3 of 4
CLHatch
Luminary

@Iridahonda wrote:
Thanks for the reply. For sure I can re-install it but not everyone wants to have their systems preloaded with services like this. I think it would be nice to give consumers the choice.

If I'm not mistaken, you DO have the choice of disabling the service.  Trying to remove things on your own is likely to break things.  Just because you may not use NFS, does that mean you'll go in and try to uninstall that also?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements