× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Sharing files as a link/email not working on Readycloud-Test2

soulburn
Aspirant

Sharing files as a link/email not working on Readycloud-Test2

Hi,

With my RN102 on 6.4.0 and using readycloud-test2.netgear.com and cannot get the function share files to work. I do get a link, both by email or by direct link from readycloud-test2.netgear.com but when I use that link, I do get a message saying "Downloading..." and about a minute after an error "Link is invalid". For example, here's a link: https://readycloud-test2.netgear.com/client/dllink.html#t=0k0ob86nvi2/front.jpg I tested with both Firefox and Safari for Mac and I do get the same result with no downloading. Thank you!

Also, you should consider moving the email address row so we can see more of the shared filename on main page of ReadyCloud as seeing only the First letter is not very friendly. See Screenshot for what I mean. Thank you! 

Capture d’écran 2015-09-01 à 18.36.10.png

Capture d’écran 2015-09-01 à 18.53.45.png

Message 1 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi soulburn,

May we ask why are you using readycloud-test2.netgear.com? It should be http://readycloud.netgear.com/ when logging in to ReadyCloud.

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
soulburn
Aspirant

Hi,

because this was requested with the beta firmware 6.4.0. This is why I posted this message in the beta firmware category, but your moderator moved it here. 

See thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta-Release/ReadyNASOS-6-4-0-T112-Beta-2/m-p/975186#U9751...

Thank you!

Message 3 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi soulburn,

Thanks for clearing that out. It was moved probably because there was no BETA version mentioned.

I moved this back to BETA Release board.

Regards,

Message 4 of 8
Frank888
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Soulburn,

What are the Email link parameters set for this? Could you share it?

Message 5 of 8
Frank888
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Soulburn,

The issue is fixed, could you try again and let us know the result?

Message 6 of 8
soulburn
Aspirant

Hi Frank888,

I confirm that both issues have been fixed! Working as it should! Good job! Thank you! 

Message 7 of 8
soulburn
Aspirant

Frank888,

Now I do have another issue regarding this sharing files feature.

If your folder path and or files are in Cyrilic (russian language), then it will fail with a "File not found". Also, on the sharing link main page, all those cyrilic letters will be shown as ?????. Finally, you made a mistake in the box for copying a link. It's not Option-C but Command-C for copy on Mac. See screenshots for more explanation. Finally, I would suggest you to make that shared link also accessible from the Main sharing links list page. Why? Because after copying the link, there is no way to get it back. It would be nice beside the filename to have a small button to copy again the same link. Else, I have to delete and share again the same file to get a new link. Thank you!

Capture d’écran 2015-09-04 à 11.07.23.png

Capture d’écran 2015-09-04 à 11.18.43.png

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements