× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The 6.9.0 firmware resets the teaming hash type to "Layer 2" after upgrade and every reboot

Miklos
Apprentice

The 6.9.0 firmware resets the teaming hash type to "Layer 2" after upgrade and every reboot

I have just realised this issue in the latest firmware that the NAS resets the hash tzpe to "Layer 2" every time after a reboot and it did it also after the upgrade from the beta firmware... Could you please look into this issue A.S.A.P?

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 9
TeknoJnky
Hero

Re: The 6.9.0 firmware resets the teaming hash type to "Layer 2" after upgrade and every r

thanks I checked mine and was also set to layer 2 (from 3+4).

I will monitor next time I reboot if it resets back to L2

Message 2 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: The 6.9.0 firmware resets the teaming hash type to "Layer 2" after upgrade and every r

I believe this is fixed in the 6.9.0+4 hot-fix. This hot-fix would be installed within about 15 minutes of a reboot or sometime in the next week.

Message 3 of 9
Miklos
Apprentice

Ok, I'll give it a try with a reboot...

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 4 of 9
Miklos
Apprentice

Bad luck - still no joy after the reboot: the hash type has reverted back to Layer 2.

Can I manually apply the hotfix?

Message 5 of 9
TeknoJnky
Hero

yes after (or probably before) the hotfix it is applied, it is still reset, but if you put it back on what you want it to be, and try reboot again, it sticks.

so:

-reboot

-wait 15-20 minutes

-check network, set to mode you want

-reboot

Not sure if there is any way to confirm whether or when the hotfix is applied.

Message 6 of 9
BotanyBay
Tutor

Is it possible to pull hot fixes on a stand alone network or do I need to wait for a new build?

626 running 6.9.0 on an airgapped network

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 7 of 9
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Yes, you can download the package here, and install it from the Apps tab using the Upload button in the upper right of the page.

Message 8 of 9
BotanyBay
Tutor

Thanks!!!

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements