× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Version-6-7-2

ikonuk
Guide

Version-6-7-2

I came across this this morning:

https://kb.netgear.com/000038682/ReadyNAS-OS-6-Software-Version-6-7-2

I have not seen any reference to a Beta 6.7.2. Is this real?

I. Konuk

Model: ReadyNAS-1100|ReadyNAS 1100
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

There are no undocumented changes.  6.7.2 is identical to 6.7.1 in every way, except for the RN4220 10GbE SFP+ NIC firmware.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10

All Replies
Danthem
NETGEAR Employee

6.7.2 is currently only released for the RN4220 as it fixes an issue with the 10Gbit NIC on that particular model

Message 2 of 10
CLHatch
Luminary

@Danthem wrote:

6.7.2 is currently only released for the RN4220 as it fixes an issue with the 10Gbit NIC on that particular model

It would appear that it was actually released for all models, but that it only had a change affecting the RN4220.  Going to the download page shows it will install on all current models, but the bug fix list only lists the RN4220.

Message 3 of 10
Danthem
NETGEAR Employee

Ah correct, however on the update server it's only released for 4220. So only the 4220 would get the popup informing of a new firmware at this time, although this may change to include other devices as well (if there are actually any other undocumented changes included with the 6.7.2).

Message 4 of 10
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

There are no undocumented changes.  6.7.2 is identical to 6.7.1 in every way, except for the RN4220 10GbE SFP+ NIC firmware.

Message 5 of 10
ikonuk
Guide

Friends:

Thank you very much. I am going to wait for whatever is the next release put on the Update Server for my RN102. I am still on 6.6.1.

Regards;

I.Konuk

Message 6 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We have no current plans to put newer firmware on the update server for the RN102.

Message 7 of 10
ikonuk
Guide

Thank you for the information.

Does that mean 6.6.1 is going to be the last ever update for RN102? This will mean we should be looking for another product given the number of still outstanding issues. I am assuming that there is a difference (both in trems support policy as well as technical quality commitment) between Manual updates vs updates transmitted via the Update Server.

Regards;

I. Konuk

Message 8 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

As far as support is concerned there's no difference between local and remote updates. The RN102 is mentioned as a supported product in the Release Notes so you can install the latest firmware on it.

Message 9 of 10
ikonuk
Guide

Dear mdgm:

I just got notification that 6.7.3 is available. I went ahead and upgraded my RN102. It went very smoothly. However, I have not turned on the AntiVirus yet. Has it been tested on ARM gear yet. Would somebody let us know whne it is OK to turn on the AV?

Thanks to all at NETGEAR (RaedyNas team). I think I am getting execellent return on my loyalty (to Netgear) and investment on this liitle machine! Keep up the good work.

I. Konuk

Model: RN10211D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements