× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Volume Creation Error on ReadyNAS Ultra 4 running OS6.4.0 T147

powellandy1
Virtuoso

Volume Creation Error on ReadyNAS Ultra 4 running OS6.4.0 T147

Hi

I have bought a second hand Ultra4 and installed OS6.4.0 T147 (which I know is unsupported). I wanted to set it up in JBOD (has 2x2TB discs). I clicked the X-RAID button to turn it off, which was fine - but then when I tried to click on a drive and create a volume I got error 'Volume creation failed.Code: 1014020000'.

A reboot solved this, so its not an issue - and I know you may well not investigate this as it's unsupported - which is fine. I just thought it might be helpful in case it could happen on the current x86 units.

Logs sent to the normal email.

Kind regards,

Andy

PS I know the discs are Segates with the CC32 firmware - they are out of warranty so can't be exchanged for CC3C/D.

Message 1 of 3
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi powellandy1,

Thank you for sharing in the community. This post will be helpful for those users who have legacy x86 unit that are loaded with R6 or OS 6 firmware.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 3
HeatherABC
Apprentice

I just had the same issue on my new RN 316 with 6.4. Thanks to your post I found that a quick reboot of the system and all worked well. I appreciate it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements