× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will there be any more 6.9.x release or are you already releasing the 7.0 firmware family soon?

Miklos
Apprentice

Will there be any more 6.9.x release or are you already releasing the 7.0 firmware family soon?

Will there be any more 6.9.x releases  or are you already releasing the beta 7.0 firmware family soon?

If yes, will the RN1XX-2XX models still be supported?

Thanks in advance,

Miklos

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Will there be any more 6.9.x release or are you already releasing the 7.0 firmware family soon?

There is a ReadyNASOS 6.9.4-T8. If you have questions about this firmware open new threads.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Will there be any more 6.9.x release or are you already releasing the 7.0 firmware family soon?

6.9.x needn't necessarily be the last 6.x series. with RAIDiator-x86 4.2 we got up to RAIDiator-x86 4.2.31, that's more than 30 firmware releases.

You'll have to wait and see.

The RN212 and RN214 are current products.

6.9.0 added a LTS (Long Term Support) update channel. So 6.9.x releases may not stop immediately once there's a newer firmware series.

Message 2 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@Miklos wrote:

Will there be any more 6.9.x releases  or are you already releasing the beta 7.0 firmware family soon?

You seem to be assuming single digits.  I expect that after 6.9.x we'll see 6.10.x.

Message 3 of 12
bobba84
Luminary

Can you please answer the question about RN1xx running on 7 when it arrives? As there are still unresolved bugs in 6.9.3, it would be good to know that's not all we get.

Message 4 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have said all that I have to say this on subject above. You'll have to wait and see.

It would be best if you could open/update threads on the unresolved issues that you are facing.

Message 5 of 12
bobba84
Luminary

That pretty much means they're going to be dumped when 7 comes out. I challenge you to say otherwise.

I am waiting for 6.9.4 to see if my issues are resolved.

Message 6 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I didn't say that at all.

Our firmware update plans are confidential and very much subject to change. I think you should read my first post in this thread again.

You can keep a look out for betas as we generally release public beta firmware before production updates.

Message 7 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@bobba84 wrote:

That pretty much means they're going to be dumped when 7 comes out. I challenge you to say otherwise.

Sounds to me like you are starting off by making something up.  Why do you think they are even working on 7 ?????

Message 8 of 12
bobba84
Luminary

I didn’t start the thread. Stop trolling.
Message 9 of 12
Miklos
Apprentice

Guys, I did not mean to kick the hornet's nest... I was simply curious as no further beta updates surfaced lately...

Usually new public betas coming out some weeks after the final release - now it has been nearly 2 months since the 6.9.3 final was released (06/03/2018)

Regards,

Miklos

Message 10 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@bobba84 wrote:
I didn’t start the thread. Stop trolling.

FWIW, IMO your "challenge" was trolling.

I'm locking this thread, as I think @Miklos got the answer he was looking for.

Message 11 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There is a ReadyNASOS 6.9.4-T8. If you have questions about this firmware open new threads.

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements