× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readynas 6.6.0 and plex

matmar
Guide

readynas 6.6.0 and plex

Is plex working with 6.6.0 beta 2 ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: readynas 6.6.0 and plex

Hi matmar,

I heard that installing the app /or add-on worked just fine on system running the 6.6.0-T117. I suggest you download the file here.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
CLHatch
Luminary

Yes, I decided to try the new 6.6.0 Beta2, and Plex is working fine for me. I did have to reinstall Plex for it to be accessible over the internet (showed the red dot in the Plex server settings for accessibility), but I noticed this later, and I'm unsure if this had to do with the OS update or not.
Message 3 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi CLHatch,

Thanks for chiming in. It might be with the OS but I'm not sure though. Have you posted or ask Plex about this?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
CLHatch
Luminary

No, because it isn't an issue. It fixed itself when I reinstalled Plex Media Server. I figured the app install may have gotten broken somehow during the OS upgrade. Or something totally unrelated broke it. But a simple reinstall fixed it, and it seems to be working perfectly for me now
Message 5 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi CLHatch,

Well, it could have been a problem if you didn't try to re-installing the app. I am glad that it worked out well for you and hopefully won't give you problems in the future.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
Poohbee
Aspirant

I just installed FW 6.6.0_T117 (beta2) and noticed that all my installed apps were set to off. I turned on Plex but it gave me an error message about not being connected. I removed the app and then went to see if I could find it in the App store and could not. I then went to the Plex website to download the latest version of the Plex media Server (plexmediaserver-ros6-binaries-annapurna_1.1.3.2700-6f64a8d_armel.deb) and uploaded to the Apps section. I then tried to launch the app and it gave me an error "Empty Resource Error. Bad NML Call". Tried several times to launch it and remove and reinstall and reboot but they all result in the same empty resource error. Any suggestions?

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS 202
Message 7 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which apps did you have installed? It is a known issue that several apps are incompatible with 6.6.0, so it's likely that one of the other apps you had installed was causing problems.

Perhaps you should update your backup, do a factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) and restore your data from backup.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements