× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 5.3.5-T19: FTP Service resetting itself

ZkiiFreak
Aspirant

5.3.5-T19: FTP Service resetting itself

Hi

Installed the beta this morning.
So far it seems kinda troublesome; I've activated the FTP service and configured it. Set it to a designated port XXXXX and mode "User" (not "Anonymous"). This works when logging in with Filezilla FTP client.
If I make changes to the shares on the Readynas Duo V2, the FTP service is somehow reset and falls back to port 21 and mode "Anonumous". Doesn't matter if it is changes to the FTP settings of the share, it could be ReadyDLNA settings for the share that is changed. The FTP service "falls back" to port 21 and standard settings anyway. (And I can connect with these "new" settings :roll: not quite the expected behaviour )

Secondly, when trying to disable/enable the ReadyDLNA for specific shares, I get errors like "Share operation failed: 1002020808". This is even if the ReadyDLNA service is stopped.
Any ideas?

I'm using both FF12 and IE10 both with these errors. Running Win8 CP.

Logs? Where do I upload them?

Hope to hear something from you

Thank you
/Martin
Message 1 of 14
Leia
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks Martin.
They're all known issue. RDs are working on them.
After ftp settings, you'd better to reboot the box, and the settings will take effect.
And if USB devices attached, ReadyDLNA for shares cannot be disabled/enabled successfully.
Message 2 of 14
sphardy1
Apprentice

@Netgear - Wouldn't it make more sense to include a complete list of such known major issues in the release notes? Save everyone's time and help users make a more informed decision re participating in a beta?
Message 3 of 14
Lithium-Admin
Novice

i agree with sphardy's comments.

i'd like to participate in the beta, but would like more information before doing so.
Message 4 of 14
sgpearman
Aspirant

I took a leap of faith....

and....

IT WORKED!!!

no problems. Easy transition. The Duo V2 hardly has any features atm, so not too much that can go wrong. Its just the testing of new features. Although I totally agree we should KNOW the current faults/bugs...otherwise we waste our time reporting on it.

I haven't contributed anything to the readynas yet...but I intend to. :thumbsup:
Message 5 of 14
Leia
NETGEAR Employee Retired

OK, this is the list:
1. Need to reboot the box to make FTP settings take effect.
2. When USB devices attached, ReadyDLNA for shares cannot be disabled/enabled successfully.
3. Failure of USB devices shares permission setting.
4. Failed to add into an AD domain.
5. Lack of automatic permissions for new folders/files creation via AFP.
Some of these are fixed and will be in 5.3.5.
Message 6 of 14
Lithium-Admin
Novice

Thank you!!! This was useful! 😄
Message 7 of 14
NeuroRip
Aspirant

So far, MUCH better.

I'm not sure if it was me kicking the DLNA discovery from 900 seconds to 25, or this beta firmware, but I am now able to connect with all devices no problem.

A couple of glitches I've noticed thus far.

1. Unchecking the "Allow Anonymous access" box in the Share settings screen will show it rechecked after the page reloads. I'm not sure if it is a UI issue or if the feature is actually working. This happens on all of the first 4 share types (CIFS through FTP)
2. I used to be able to go to: http://192.168.1.200 and it would forward me to the appropriate URL: https://192.68.1.200/admin (This no longer works, but is minor)

More to come as I find, but definitely a step in the right direction.
Message 8 of 14
Lithium-Admin
Novice

NeuroRip wrote:

1. Unchecking the "Allow Anonymous access" box in the Share settings screen will show it rechecked after the page reloads. I'm not sure if it is a UI issue or if the feature is actually working. This happens on all of the first 4 share types (CIFS through FTP)

I have the same problem.
Message 9 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you try clearing your web browser cache (e.g. Temporary Internet Files in Internet Explorer or Safari > Empty Cache in Safari), closing your web browser then reopening the Dashboard and seeing if the changes are shown?
Message 10 of 14
NASBO
Aspirant

I set my FTP up yesterday with authentication and rebooted, and could connect only using "admin" and password (not configured users). Today, without changing anything or rebooting it has reset to only allow anonymous access.
Message 11 of 14
Leia
NETGEAR Employee Retired

honcho wrote:
NeuroRip wrote:

I have the same problem.

It's better to just set one thing at one time. The UI will apply automatically and refresh when the checkbox is ticked/unselected. If you change two things in very short interval, ex. less than 1 second, maybe the 2 changes can share one apply and refresh.
Message 12 of 14
Leia
NETGEAR Employee Retired

NASBO wrote:
I set my FTP up yesterday with authentication and rebooted, and could connect only using "admin" and password (not configured users). Today, without changing anything or rebooting it has reset to only allow anonymous access.

Yes, there's something wrong with T19, but as my experience, mostly it can work after reboot. You can set the options and reboot the box, and then re-check your settings again to make sure all settings take effect.
If you want to use local user to login via FTP, make sure the authentication mode is selected as "User" mode, and login with the user who has the permission.
I can login via FTP with local user both using FileZilla and Windows Explorer default ftp tool successfully in my side.
Message 13 of 14
MItteer
Aspirant

Yay... I had constant trouble getting ftp to work. Installed 5.3.5-T28 and it worked instantly. The only comment I have is it was initially installed under a dynamic ip. After it was up I gave it a static IP (192.168.1.3). Now opening it up in IE8 I get a certificate error and installing the cert doesn't fix it. The cert says 192.168.1.10 which was the dynamic IP.
Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements