× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6.3.3-T115 has problems with DVBLink 5.1.0

workbench82
Aspirant

6.3.3-T115 has problems with DVBLink 5.1.0

Hello.

I installed this "early access" version 6.3.3-T115 on ReadyNAS Pro 2 and after factory reset and rebuilding process I installed DVBLink 5.1.0. This far everything was fine but
when I tried to install DVBLink TV Source plugin it says that "Installation OK" but still I cannot see this plugin in list.
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: 6.3.3-T115 has problems with DVBLink 5.1.0

DVBLink I think uses kernel modules. The app isn't compiled for the newer kernel in 6.3.3 beta. You are probably better off giving 6.2.3 beta a try.
Message 2 of 6
ZkiiFreak
Aspirant

Right now the only way, in my perspective, to make it work is to downgrade to 6.2.2 release, install TV Source and then upgrade to 6.3.3~T115 afterwards.
I identified an issue in their installation script that computes a path for the files depending on the firmware version. However, this calculation can not handle the ~ in the version name. Have a look here:
http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php ... f1270a65da
Message 3 of 6
ZkiiFreak
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
DVBLink I think uses kernel modules. The app isn't compiled for the newer kernel in 6.3.3 beta. You are probably better off giving 6.2.3 beta a try.

As per my previous post, any beta with a ~ does not seem to work at the moment. Only a release without ~ in the version will do.
I do not know if this is on DVBLogic or Netgear to solve (I think DVBLogic) - but removing the ~ will solve the issue.
root@PIPPERNASV3:/lib# dpkg -l readynasos | grep readynasos | awk '{print $3}'
6.3.3~T115
root@PIPPERNASV3:/lib# R6_OS_VERSION=$(dpkg -l readynasos | grep readynasos | awk '{print $3}')
root@PIPPERNASV3:/lib# echo $R6_OS_VERSION | awk '{split($0,a,"."); print a[1]}'
root@PIPPERNASV3:/lib# echo $R6_OS_VERSION | awk '{split($0,a,"."); print a[2]}'
root@PIPPERNASV3:/lib# echo $R6_OS_VERSION | awk '{split($0,a,"."); print a[3]}'
3~T115
root@PIPPERNASV3:/lib# k1=$(echo $R6_OS_VERSION | awk '{split($0,a,"."); print a[1]}')
root@PIPPERNASV3:/lib# k2=$(echo $R6_OS_VERSION | awk '{split($0,a,"."); print a[2]}')
root@PIPPERNASV3:/lib# k3=$(echo $R6_OS_VERSION | awk '{split($0,a,"."); print a[3]}')
root@PIPPERNASV3:/lib# CODED_VERSION=$(($k1*10000+$k2*100+$k3))
-bash: 6*10000+3*100+3~T115: syntax error in expression (error token is "~T115")

<-- that's what goes wrong in their install script...
Message 4 of 6
btaroli
Prodigy

Well, this also affects the 6.2.3 beta, which I installed last night to resolve an apt-get issue (GPG certs from apt.readynas.com were complaining). I've already reported the same install script bug to DVBLogic in http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=29154

Problem is that even after /fixing/ that issue the app still doesn't seem responsive (web interface) on a 6.2.3 install, once the additional products are installed. So hoping to get some feedback. May need to back up to 6.2.2 on that score as well.

And on the matter of kernel drivers, this is only an issue if you're using a USB tuner. If you're using an HDHomerun (IP connection) then those drivers are irrelevant. But I would agree that a truly new kernel will totally break these. Even recent 6.2.x point releases have broken them and required new builds from DVBLogic.
Message 5 of 6
btaroli
Prodigy

DVBLogic folks have revised the TVSource product installation to account for the version tag with x.y.z~build format. I've done successful installs on 6.2.3 beta now. The packages downloaded when using their package manager are already corrected. The kernel driver issue for 6.3.3 remains, for now, however.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements