× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 6.5.0-T338 Email Alert Password Not Shown

StephenB
Guru

6.5.0-T338 Email Alert Password Not Shown

When you enter the system->settings->alerts the system shows the email password as blank. Alerts work, but any test messages require manual re-entry of the password.

What should happen:  

If there is a password, it should be shown as • 

Test emails should use the currently provisioned passwords and not require a re-entry.

Message 1 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi StephenB,

Have you already tried the latest BETA ?

Regards,

Message 2 of 9
StephenB
Guru

I am running rc3 right now.  This issue is still there.  

Message 3 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello StephenB,

Thanks.

Message 4 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks. We are aware of this issue. I'm checking with engineering to see if there is any update on it. At this stage I think it's unlikely a fix for this problem will make it into 6.5.0.

Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@mdgm wrote:

At this stage I think it's unlikely a fix for this problem will make it into 6.5.0.

It should be fixed, but I agree it shouldn't hold up 6.5.0 release.  It's a minor annoyance.

Message 6 of 9
menkelis
Tutor

This is the exact same thing that I see in release 6.4.2 on my ReadyNAS PRO Buisness NAS.

It is NOT a show-stopper, and I would not hold up any new releases just for this.

Message 7 of 9
gyves1
Luminary

I confirm the issue on my RN312 with 6.5 RC3 My password was lost, I I had to re-enter my PWD in the blank field
Message 8 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@gyves1 wrote:
I confirm the issue on my RN312 with 6.5 RC3 My password was lost, I I had to re-enter my PWD in the blank field

It's not completely lost, as real alerts are still delivered.  It's not displayed, and sending a test email w/o re-entering the password will set the password to blank,

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements