× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BETA: NETGEAR Insight (v1.0.10)

kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Beta ended for NETGEAR Insight (v1.0.10), thanks for the feedback!

NETGEAR is soliciting beta feedback on a new iOS & Android mobile app called Insight.

Insight beta supports NETGEAR ReadyNAS OS 6 devices and allows a ReadyNAS user to monitor the health status of their ReadyNAS as well as to configure settings like device name, updating firmware, changing admin password, and more.

The iOS Insight beta can be installed through the browser by clicking Insight iOS Beta App, or download the IPA from http://apps.readynas.com/pages/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Insight_1.0.10.8.ipa

The Android Insight beta app download ink is: http://apps.readynas.com/pages/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Insight_v1.0.10.9.apk

Android installation instructions:

1. Go to Settings > Security. 
  2. Find "Unknown sources" and toggle on.
  3. Use a file manager or Downloads to locate the Insight apk file, and tap it.
  4. Proceed with the installation. 

iOS IPA installation instructions:

1. If on previous Insight beta, uninstall your existing Insight app to prevent security checks about replacing a secure app.
  2. Start iTunes on PC/Mac
  3. Select File > Add folder to library > Navigate to where you have downloaded the Insight ipa file.
  4. Connect iPhone/iPad to the PC/Mac with USB cable.
  5. Click App > Sync
  6. Wait for sync to complete.
  7. After the install, if you see the message "Untrusted Enterprise Developer," go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management > ENTERPRISE APP > NETGEAR, INC, and select Trust NETGEAR, INC

Insight Logo

Model: RN716X|ReadyNAS 716X Chassis
Message 1 of 6
johngm
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Looks cool...I wonder how one goes from a Zip file on an iPhone to a running App?    Some simple instructions on how to turn a zip file into something that will run on my iPhone and how to get it there would be helpful.

Message 2 of 6
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

I removed the IPA from the ZIP and posted it directly now, plus included some instructions for installing. 

Message 3 of 6
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Fixed the iOS package.

Message 4 of 6
johngm
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This is a great new tool for managing my ReadyNAS devices.  Thanks!   john

Message 5 of 6
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Note that Insight is launched as of 1/5/17 and so this thread is now moot. Thanks for testing Insight and providing your feedback 🙂

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements