× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect via SMB on macOS Mojave

DChiuch
Tutor

Can't connect via SMB on macOS Mojave

I have the latest beta firmware installed on my ReadyNAS 104 (6.10.0 Beta 2).

No matter what I do, I can't connect to it on macOS Mojave anymore. I've tried going through Network (ReadyNAS will appear, but trying to connect leads to "There was a problem connecting to the server "READYNAS"), through RAIDar, and through the ReadyCloud app. No matter what I do, nothing will let me connect.

I've also tried the "Connect to Server" option in Finder – and every combination of "smb://ReadyNAS", "smb://ReadyNAS/Media" ("Media" is one of my volumes), "smb://192.168.1.2" and "smb://192.168.1.2/Media" – all fail.

I have a Windows machine and it has no problems connecting.

What can I do here?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DChiuch
Tutor

Re: Can't connect via SMB on macOS Mojave

I finally worked it out after spending hours searching for solutions!

Here's the solution: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/257836/mac-mini-cant-connect-to-my-corporate-smb-server-wa...

Basically, if you have an Android emulator with hardware acceleration installed, SMB won't work anymore.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You could perhaps enable AFP for now?

Message 2 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@StephenB wrote "You could perhaps enable AFP for now?"

This protocol to my knowledge is going to be abandoned by Apple in the near future.

Of course for the time being it is a good workaround, if nothing else will help. However, your RN104 is already short on resources and you might see performance degradation running an additional protocol like AFP together with that what you already might have enabled.

Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @DChiuch, why not trying app "SMP plus" and try out different versions of SMB. Default SMB 3.1.1 is used by OS6. Older Windows clients (8 or 7) might have difficulties with that level. I'm not a mac guy and don't know about Mojave, but you could give it a try to go with a lower SMB release level in your case.

Message 4 of 7
DChiuch
Tutor

I'll give that a try @Retired_Member, thanks for the tip.

I think it's a problem with my Mac now, though. I just tried someone else's Mac and they're able to connect to it with no problems. Something must be different on mine (although we're both using Mojave), but I have no idea what.

Message 5 of 7
DChiuch
Tutor

I finally worked it out after spending hours searching for solutions!

Here's the solution: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/257836/mac-mini-cant-connect-to-my-corporate-smb-server-wa...

Basically, if you have an Android emulator with hardware acceleration installed, SMB won't work anymore.

Message 6 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @DChiuch, you should accept your latest post as the solution now. Thanks for letting know and kind regards

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements