× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FW 6.9.0 OneDrive sync problem (RN204, RN104)

Kardano
Luminary

FW 6.9.0 OneDrive sync problem (RN204, RN104)

i have set to sync 4 dirs (not whole OneDrive) from my OneDrive account.

My dirs are synced OK.

When i set up for sync directory which is not my, but it is shared to my account from my friend's account with full (read/write) prermissions (and it is added as one of my shared dirs) it cannot sync.

In target dir on NAS is hidden dir (with numbers as name) created, but sync is not done. Not a file is synced.

When i set this dir to sync with OneDrive app, it is synced to PC OK.

Tested on RN104 and RN204 - with "bidirectional" and "download cloud storage changes only" mode - same result. Dir is not synced (downloaded)

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless),RN20400|4BAY Diskless Desktop Readynas Storage
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Re: FW 6.9.0 OneDrive sync problem (RN204, RN104)

Syncing of shared directories isn't currently supported.  We plan to add it in 6.9.1.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13

All Replies
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Kardano,

The OneDrive feature of the NAS would only sync with single OneDrive account. On your case I believe the NAS is behaving as normal. You have like a guest access provided on one of the folder from a different OneDrive account which you don't have access to the root directory.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 13
Kardano
Luminary

Hello @Marty_M.

I have "guest" access with full permission (read/write), not read only.

Directory is mapped in my account shared folders. I see this dir (and NAS see it too) iin root directory od MY OneDrive account. OneDrive windows app shows this dir as "my"dir.

Dirs.jpg

As show pisture above. Mentioned dir is "Vierinka" - 2nd from bottom of the picture.

NAS shows this dirs in root directory and CAN NOT sync them.

OneDrive app also shows dirs and offer/can (and do) sync of this dirs without any problems. i can donload, upload or delete from these dirs.

OneDrive app for Windows, same dirs - syncing:

OneDrive.jpg

Message 3 of 13
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Syncing of shared directories isn't currently supported.  We plan to add it in 6.9.1.

Message 4 of 13
Kardano
Luminary

Thanks for info.

Message 5 of 13
Kardano
Luminary

@Skywalker

If I may ask....

you wrote:

So...

IS syncing of dhared dirs supported with ReadyNASOS 6.9.1-T127 (Beta 1)? Was i added?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 13
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

No, unfortunately it's not there.  We use the OneDrive getChanges API to get notified of changes, but it does not send notifications for changes to shared folders.  We are inquiring with Microsoft to see if there is a way to do this.

Message 7 of 13
jdh2
Aspirant

Did the plans change? I have 6.9.1 installed now and shared folders are now sync'ing (still).

Thanks.

Message 8 of 13
Kardano
Luminary

Not syncing. This is about folders that rae shared TO YOU by someone else. Not Your shared folders.

Message 9 of 13
jdh2
Aspirant

Yes sorry for the type-o. That should have read: "Shared folders are NOT syncing (still)."

I am referring to shared folders that another person has shared with me, I selected to add to my own OneDrive. On Mac and Windows, those folders shared to me do sync down.  On readyNAS, they do not. It was reported to be planned for a fix in 6.9.1, but that fix does not appear to have gone in. I was inquiring when we actually will see that fix.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 10 of 13
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

We had to release 6.9.1 sooner than originally planned to address some Samba vulnerabilities, so we weren't able to get this change in.  However, we do have an implementation for this feature that is currently being tested internally, and we expect it to be ready for 6.9.2 unless unexpected issues are discovered during testing.

Message 11 of 13
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

We have made the update for this support in the newer firmware 6.9.3.

It is currently available in beta at this time:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta-Release/ReadyNASOS-6-9-3-T211-Beta-1/m-p/1493242

Message 12 of 13
Kardano
Luminary

tested on RN104. It is working. Thanks. Great.

Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements