× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Having IPv6 enabled is turning RN104's admin page under 6.10.0T185 into a snail

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Having IPv6 enabled is turning RN104's admin page under 6.10.0T185 into a snail

I'm using this "guinea pig"-nas to learn more about OS6. After upgrading it to 6.10 beta2 it stopped being collaborative. While you could login to its admin page for the first time after booting it, even the slightest activity turned it into an unresponsive brick. You could not use the admin page at all under these circumstances. I tried several browsers not observing any difference.

However, it was still possible to access its shares via smb using a windows10 workstation without any problems.

Finally, disabling IPv6 did the trick and now it's admin page works like a charm (given its limited resources, of course).

Did anybody else see this so far with RN104 or even other models?

Thanks for your reply and kind regards.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Having IPv6 enabled is turning RN104's admin page under 6.10.0T185 into a snail

@dmacleo wrote: "disabled ipv6 on both as not needed here"

I also do not need it, so further troubleshooting is not necessary for me. I was happy, that by disabling it I found a solution for the unexpected slowness and was also interested, whether other people observed the same issue on their equipment. Might help the the developers to fix it in the next beta. Thanks for posting and kind regards.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: Having IPv6 enabled is turning RN104's admin page under 6.10.0T185 into a snail

No admin Web UI issues with IPv4/IPv6 dual stack in place on RN516 or RN628X (all on 6.10.0-T184 (Beta 2)) at least.

Message 2 of 7
dmacleo
Guide

seen same on rn104 but not same issue on rn314

both on 6.10.0-T185 (beta 2)

disabled ipv6 on both as not needed here so can't help with actual troubleshooting

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@dmacleo wrote: "disabled ipv6 on both as not needed here"

I also do not need it, so further troubleshooting is not necessary for me. I was happy, that by disabling it I found a solution for the unexpected slowness and was also interested, whether other people observed the same issue on their equipment. Might help the the developers to fix it in the next beta. Thanks for posting and kind regards.

Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@dmacleo wrote:

seen same on rn104 but not same issue on rn314 both on 6.10.0-T185 (beta 2)

Beta problem on the non-x86 based RN in this case.

Message 5 of 7
peterkin
Guide

Could it be something to do with this:

https://kb.netgear.com/30047/ReadyNAS-OS-6-IPv6-performance-on-ReadyNAS-100-2120-series

IPV6 performance is poor on RN10x because, unlike IPV4, it's handled in software not hardware. I've turned IPV6 off on my RN102 for just this reason. On my RN212 there's no problem.

Message 6 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks a lot, @peterkin, for bringing that to my attention. I was not aware about this.

Kind regards

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements