× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Home share not accessible after upgrade to 6.4.1

bacobart
Aspirant

Home share not accessible after upgrade to 6.4.1

After upgrading to 6.4.1 my home user shares are now inaccessible via smb (they show up, but cannot be accessed). They are enabled in frontview. This started to stop functioning after adding a new user (triggering a recreation of config files I'm assuming). Some further inspection revealed that /etc/samba/smb.conf has the following:

[homes]
browseable = 0
writeable = 1
public = 0
valid users = %D\%S

Before 6.4.1 this used to be just %S. Changing this back to valid users = %S and restarting smb fixes the problem so I'm assuming frontview is now creating faulty config files for smb which assumes I'm in a domain (which i'm not, authentication is set to local user). Please fix.

Message 1 of 17
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Home share not accessible after upgrade to 6.4.1

This should work fine in local user mode too, so there's something abnormal here.  Please send in your logs.  Also, please note which OS you are connecting from.

Message 2 of 17
amodesia
Aspirant

Hi,

I too am having same problems after firmware update. Pc and laptop running Win7.

I can see the shares, then asks for user name and password. When I type the Admin password, I get access denied.

Please help

Thanks,

amodesia 

Message 3 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@amodesia wrote:

Hi,

I too am having same problems after firmware update. Pc and laptop running Win7.

I can see the shares, then asks for user name and password. When I type the Admin password, I get access denied.

Is this happening with every share, or just the private "home" shares?

If every share, this is a different problem than the OP, and we should start a new thread for it.

Message 4 of 17
fragglerok
Aspirant

i get the same issue but only on the usb3 conected drive

Message 5 of 17
bacobart
Aspirant

I'm connecting from Windows 10.1. Accessing the home folder from win10.1 to readynas 6.4.1 used to work, until I added a new user then it stopped working (for all users). 

I really appreciate your help in this, but I do not feel comfortable with sending you all the logs that are generated from the WebUI. It contains too much private information. Can you please indicate which logs you need and I'll send those. Thanks.

Message 6 of 17
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Just smbd.log should be enough.

Message 7 of 17
bacobart
Aspirant

I've sent them in a private messaage.

Message 8 of 17
mcpotts
Aspirant

I am also having this issue after upgrading. I have 4 readynas drives and all are not connecting. 

I'm running windows 10, please help

Message 9 of 17
CEBLTD
Tutor

Hi, i am having issues with the latest firmware update as well, all mapped network drives are not accsessible, and no matter what passwords i try and change there is no way it will play ball!

HELP HELP

Regards Patrick

Message 10 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@CEBLTD wrote:

Hi, i am having issues with the latest firmware update as well, all mapped network drives are not accsessible, and no matter what passwords i try and change there is no way it will play ball!

HELP HELP

Regards Patrick

This is different, since this thread is specific to the home shares only.  Start a new thread, and include the ReadyNAS model.

Message 11 of 17
amodesia
Aspirant

I reverted back to 6.4.0 and I can now access the share. BTW does not work with beta either.

Message 12 of 17
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This is fixed in ReadyNASOS 6.4.2-T72 (Beta 2)

Message 13 of 17
CEBLTD
Tutor

Thanks i went back to 6.4.0 and problem solved.

Patrick

Message 14 of 17
amodesia
Aspirant

Hi,

I tried the new beta update ReadyNASOS 6.4.2-T72 (Beta 2), but did not work.

Downgrade to 6.4.0 and now same message on filezilla.

Don't know what to do now.

Message 15 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@amodesia wrote:

Hi,

I tried the new beta update ReadyNASOS 6.4.2-T72 (Beta 2), but did not work.

Downgrade to 6.4.0 and now same message on filezilla.

Don't know what to do now.

Start by replying to my question above.  Maybe also tell us more about FileZilla - is your issue specific to FTP, or is it about access with SMB, or something else?

The issue in this particular thread is quite specific, and I am thinking your problem is actually quite different.  But you haven't told us nearly enough about what your problem is.

@StephenB wrote:

@amodesia wrote:

Hi,

Is this happening with every share, or just the private "home" shares?

If every share, this is a different problem than the OP, and we should start a new thread for it.

Message 16 of 17
poenitz
Aspirant

Betreff: Home share not accessible after upgrade to 6.4.1

10. Januar 2016

Same with me ...

Joern Poenitz

Greetings from Berlin, Germany

P.S.: I'll wait for an official update ....

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements