× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Locked-out ReadyNAS 2304 (RR230400)

EdWolfe
Aspirant

Locked-out ReadyNAS 2304 (RR230400)

I have a ReadyNAS 2304 running firmware 6.10.8 and I have not been able to log in for quite some time now (over a year) when trying to log into the web interface from a windows machine. I've tried brave and edge; neither work. Luckily I haven't needed to log into it or had any issues, but I really need to get this resolved. I attempted to recovery the password and it just sits there and spins without ever sending me an email. I know the username and password but it just won't work and then I get locked out for 5 mins. My client (shared drive access) still work fine in both linux and windows. I have close to 40TB of data on 4 drives connected as raid so I can't loose that. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE:

RAIDar sees the NAS and displays it's model, name, etc. However, none of the options work as they all required admin password and it won't accept it.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Try the default password (password) and see if it somehow got reset.  If that doesn't work, then an OS re-install will set it back to the default.  Be careful not to do a factory default, as that will erase your data.  Instructions are here: How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-2304-3130-or-3138-storage-system.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Try the default password (password) and see if it somehow got reset.  If that doesn't work, then an OS re-install will set it back to the default.  Be careful not to do a factory default, as that will erase your data.  Instructions are here: How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-2304-3130-or-3138-storage-system.

Message 2 of 4
EdWolfe
Aspirant

I did try the default password (forgot to mention that) and it did not work either. I saw the OS reinstall in other post but was a little nervous to do it -- I can't "accidently" or otherwise, erase my data. I guess I'll have to give it a try though. Why wouldn't the password recovery option work -- it just spins? In fact, it is still spinning from when I created the original post.

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Did you initially set it up for password recovery with a valid email address and email provider?  The email address you provide on the recovery page has to match the one you set it up to use.

Did you use Google as the provider?  The process for them (and maybe others, I just know about them) has changed due to two-factor authentication.  If you never updated for that, perhaps that's the problem.

Did you set up password recovery using the reset button?  If you did, that's another option. See How-do-I-recover-a-lost-or-forgotten-administrator-password-on-my-ReadyNAS-OS-6? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements