*OLD* ReadyNASOS 6.9.3-RC2 *OLD*
Latest beta: ReadyNASOS 6.9.3-RC2
To install: Click on appropriate link above for your system to download firmware image.
Then upload that image from the management UI's System->Settings->Update->Install Firmware section.
- [Beta 1] AFP is defaulted to disabled on newly formatted units
- [Beta 1] Added some tool tips around volume status icons
- [Beta 1] ReadyTIER status under the volume settings
- [Beta 1] Remove RAID Group option for volumes with multiple RAID Groups
- [Beta 1] Initiate a Test Disk volume option
- [Beta 1] TiVo Server “fast transport” option for newer TiVo Device compatibility
- [Beta 1] Added per share Auto-Defrag
- [Beta 1] Added per share SMB strict sync
- [Beta 1] Home Folders support SMB3 Transport Encryption
- [Beta 1] Time Machine over SMB support
- [Beta 1] Backup job progress is available under status information
- [Beta 1] Initial backup job creation allows to discover local devices
- [Beta 1] Initial backup job creation allows to browse the share/folders on remote device
- [Beta 1] ReadyDR option to send email alerts for successfully completed backups
- [Beta 1] Wasabi cloud service support
- [Beta 1] Amazon S3 China and custom URL support
- [Beta 1] OneDrive now supports syncing with (OneDrive) shared folders
- [Beta 1] Cloud services displays status of Enabled/Healthy, Syncing, Failed or Disabled
- [Beta 1] Cloud services displays the signed in account for the registered cloud service
- [Beta 1] Cloud services display the space consumed and available
- [Beta 1] Cloud services can be enabled/disabled without having to leaving the cloud service
- [Beta 1] Fixed some cases where FTP folder name would display incorrectly
- [Beta 1] Admin interface Logout button
- [Beta 1] Admin interface session timeout
- [Beta 1] Safe mode to help provide access to the NAS when there are no disks, used disks, and cases where there are issues with the OS partition. This newer functionality will help provide support, debug and alternative data access options that was not available in the past.
- [Beta 2]Fix in some cases where one email recipient would get any email out of many email recipients
- [Beta 2] Uptime is now displayed on overview page
- [Beta 2] Fix in cloud syncing for some files that require charactors to be escaped
- [Beta 2] TiVo Fast Transport tooltip
- [Beta 2] Fixed ReadyCLOUD from earlier beta verion
- [Beta 2] Fixed AV to prevent strange behavior
- [Beta 2] Insight has been removed, but service is still available through ReadyCLOUD at this time.
- [Beta 2] Rsync over SSH now has the improvements to initial backup.
- [RC1] Fixed the Uptime calculation fix
- [RC1] Fixed the AV pattern update
- [RC1] AV now reports the virus blocked from backup jobs
- [RC1] Corrected the capacity size for Time Machine over SMB
- [RC2] Fix for the AV caused issues on the OS
- [RC2] Fix for cloud services where sync was getting rate limited
- [RC2] Fix for OneDrive Business accounts (since business accounts don't support Shared Folders)
- [RC2] Security update to the kernel
- [RC2] Check for Updates now sees RC newer as a newer version than Beta
- Unless you are advised by NETGEAR Support in a support case to update to beta software, NETGEAR Support may deny support if you are running beta software. You can seek help here on the NETGEAR Community for issues encountered on the beta.
- Devices updated with 6.9.3 firmware should not be downgraded to firmware versions before 6.9.0.
- ReadyNAS 102, 104, and 2120 must not be updated directly to 6.9.x from 6.3.x or older firmware. They must first be updated to either 6.2.5 or 6.3.5 then to 6.5.2 and then onto 6.9.x.
- ReadyNAS 202, 204, 212 and 212 must not be updated directly to 6.9.x from 6.3.x. They must first be updated to 6.3.5 then 6.5.2 and then onto 6.9.x.